Thread: New style novi 1000 belt tensioner

Junior SCH Member

New style novi 1000 belt tensioner

Does anybody Know the part number for the New style novi 1000 belt tensioner, I am going to convert my single belt setup to a Dual belt set up. I Dont like turning my accessories so damn fast.
    I feel that I am loosing power by turning my waterpump and alt at light speed. It cant be good for the bearings either, since the belt must also be very tight.
    So let me know the part number please!!

i recommend the new style bracket as well if your going to move the head unit forward 2+ inches. its much thicker & stronger. also you'll need to consider the length needed to get your discharge tube to fit since you'll be moving the head unit forward. im sure you considered all the new additions, just wanted to touch on that........
    paxton belt tensioner part #1016912(for revised unit to fit 87-93 mustang)(supercharger model 1001830 paxton novi 1000 revised unit).
    good luck!
    -justin

Junior SCH Member
    I made my own discharge tube. It is so long(its 3 1/2 aluminum pipe) that it goes over the novi outlet about 2inches so I should be ok. I think I am just going to add a home made bracket to stiffen up the old style novi one. I did that on a old ball drive paxton I had. Stoped ALL flex!!

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the part #s

no problem....im curious to hear about the finished results, keep me posted!

-justin