Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Checkin In

Junior SCH Member

Checkin In

This is pretty cool.
    302 shortblock, X303 heads, E303 cam, SVO 1.6 roller rockers, Hogans upper, GT40 lower w/ 1" spacer, BBK 70mm throttle body & EGR, 42# inj., A/C elim., Smog Elim., Pro-M 80mm, Diablo Sport "REV Only" chip, Vortech YS trim 12#'s w/ mondo bypass, AFM Power Pipe, MSD 6AL w/ BTM, Aeromotive Competition Fuel System, Ron Davis 3 core aluminum radiator, BBK chrome shorties, MAC H-Pipe, MAC Dumps, Trans Specialties C4 w/ Trans Specialties Custom built 10 XHD HS converter, B&M Pro-Stick Shifter, UPR K-Member, w/ coil overs, Southside upper/lower control arms, Kenny Brown Sub's, Moser 33-spline's, Moser Spool, C-Clip Elim, S&W 8-point cage, 3.73's, Weld Draglites w/ 26 x 10 M/T ET Drags, and 15 x 3 1/2 Draglites on front.

Best time: 10.558 @ 130.19 w/ 1.503 60'

BlownPony how do you like your GER C4 tranny. I am trying to make up my mine on which tranny to buy. What is your opinion on the AOD.

Thanks
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Brcuda
    BlownPony how do you like your GER C4 tranny. I am trying to make up my mine on which tranny to buy. What is your opinion on the AOD.

Thanks
    I like my C4. IMHO GER makes as good a C4 as anyone, but I wouldn't personally buy a converter from them. I think AOD's are glorified boat anchors. Although if you insist on an auto, and you drive the car on the street regularly, then I would think twice about a C4.
    302 shortblock, X303 heads, E303 cam, SVO 1.6 roller rockers, Hogans upper, GT40 lower w/ 1" spacer, BBK 70mm throttle body & EGR, 42# inj., A/C elim., Smog Elim., Pro-M 80mm, Diablo Sport "REV Only" chip, Vortech YS trim 12#'s w/ mondo bypass, AFM Power Pipe, MSD 6AL w/ BTM, Aeromotive Competition Fuel System, Ron Davis 3 core aluminum radiator, BBK chrome shorties, MAC H-Pipe, MAC Dumps, Trans Specialties C4 w/ Trans Specialties Custom built 10 XHD HS converter, B&M Pro-Stick Shifter, UPR K-Member, w/ coil overs, Southside upper/lower control arms, Kenny Brown Sub's, Moser 33-spline's, Moser Spool, C-Clip Elim, S&W 8-point cage, 3.73's, Weld Draglites w/ 26 x 10 M/T ET Drags, and 15 x 3 1/2 Draglites on front.

Originally posted by BlownPony
    I like my C4. IMHO GER makes as good a C4 as anyone, but I wouldn't personally buy a converter from them. I think AOD's are glorified boat anchors. Although if you insist on an auto, and you drive the car on the street regularly, then I would think twice about a C4.
    Glorified boat achors, LoL. Thats getting right to the point.

Junior SCH Member
    Glorified boat anchor????? C4's are for trailer queens around here................ I can go out and put 150 miles on the car...............racing and running around and still come home with a 1/4 tank of gas with 373's out back. try that with a c4................... :D
    slow white

S-trim/cobra/6037's/AOD/ 3260lbs

10.74@128................... Street car!

Hmmm

Did I hear the term "trailer queen"? Mike is that you? LMAO :D

Welcome BlownPony and HRS PLY,

I am a Lentech user myself, and am very happy with it ;)

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Hey cuda........thanks for this link...... Hey Ian, nice site.

You know I dont trailer my stuff around.......... I only trailer to the track case I break it.........

I have the lentech strip terminator and love it. It's great! If I had a trailer queen it would have a c4 because they are lighter and can perform better. But for a street/strip car you need that OD if you plan on the highway. I run the highway alot.
    slow white

Hmmm

HRS PLY, I asked you this before and I will ask it again. Instead of "trailer queen" why not "trailer king"? It sounds better. :D

Brcuda: Much better :D

HRS PLY: Thanks ;)

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Well you know..................Its much more fun to beat the trailer "kings" (as you say). I have had a few come in and say, Lets show these stangs how a real car is supposed to run.................... They hang their head in shame while loading the loosing trailer queen.........er I mean King.........
    slow white

Junior SCH Member
    For starters lets just say that I drove my car to the track plenty of times. I trailer my car now, only because it just makes more sense to me for what I do. I have beaten plenty of trailer king/queen cars. Also, pay attention to what I said about excessive street use and a C4.......I know it's not a good idea.

Hmmm

Well, if you guys should ever meet sounds like a race to me, whether you drive or trailer your cars.:D

Junior SCH Member
    Trailer Queen ? or King ? C4's are for trailer Queens............. I am getting some bad air time ! If I ever get my car finished, I might just drive it ! AOD...don't need no stinking AOD !

Still going to trailer it to the track. I hate to walk ! LMAO

This new Vortech site is kinda cool !
    10.13 out of a S trim
    680 hp out of a YS trim

Hmmm

Well I am hard-headed, whether I go with a C-4 or AOD, I will still drive it in the street. No street, No fun!!!!

HRS PLY when I come out your way I will trailer to your house and drive to the spots from there. Now that you moved out in the sticks.:D