Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go to a T-trim?

Senior SCH Member

Re: Gatorback belts

Originally posted by Mitch Peoples
    Are they available in 8 rib? I change mine at least 2-3 times during racing season to keep them fresh, which gets costly.
    yup, and they are only 22 bucks...
    --
    93 GT

Junior SCH Member

That's cool

I'll have to measure the last belt I took off and get a size. I always forget the Gates code, which specifies the belt length in millimeters. I have tried a 6 rib Gatorback serpentine belt before, but didn't get much use out of it 'cause I bolted on my first supercharger right afterwards and had to get a diff length.

Thanks!

Junior SCH Member
    Hey Mitch, this is Gary Putnam from Salina Kansas. (you bought the SID from me). looks like your getting ready to step up the ole hot rod! Will you make it to WFC6 this year?

Junior SCH Member

Hey Gary!

Shoot me an email - I don't think I have your address. I'll send you some pics of the car. It's now painted "Prowler Yellow". Not too easy on the eyes!

The SID is working great with the new combo. I spoke with Jim Larocca and asked him about tuning it up. He doesn't like SID setups and said I should go with at least 50lb injectors and a re-calced meter, then he'd tune it. I guess I'm just stubborn - I'm not gonna change it yet. I want to see what I can do with the car as it sits.

If we hit any big venue races, it'll be for spectating only. I believe all the heads up classes we could go into limit injectors to 8, and I don't like brackets or open comp. We'll run the local tracks, which have simple rules for 5.0 classes.

Mitch

Junior SCH Member
    Couldn't you run wild street? I bet the car looks pretty good with yellow paint, shoot me some pics. Have you noticed the Photopost section here on this site, you could put some there also.

Here is my email address

garyput@swbell.net

talk to you later Mitch,
    Gary

Junior SCH Member

Sorry to be so lazy!

I still haven't gotten any pics to ya Gary. I hate using our digi cam; it's nice but no choice of lenses so anything close-up looks "fisheye".

I'll work on it this weekend.

:D
    '93 LX hatch
    342 CHP stroker
    TW heads
    Lunati 51025 cam
    AFM Typhoon intake
    T-trim, Renegade discharge, Mondo bypass
    28/74 cog pulleys
    PA Super Comp C4
    Aeromotive fuel system

No numbers on the new combo - old 302 combo:

10.80 @ 128 - 1.66 60'

Junior SCH Member
    I had a gatorback. It didn't last that long. For some reason I lost a few ribs. I run the gates

Senior SCH Member
    The brackets are the same for "S" & "T"..have done conversions..The "T" pumps out 1200 CFM of air at the rev limiter.No pers exp,but the "J" is rated at 1600 CFM at the rev limiter..I think the "T" would be a plenty..I have dynoed my car w/over 600rwhp & still digging at 5k, but ran lean..w/ a "T".am fixing the fuel this wk..

Senior SCH Member
    Modo,
    We're waiting for ya to install that PMS and to come by and join the board. :)

Troy
    1995 Mustang Cobra
    302-10.77 @ 127.76
    new motor being built
    redsnk@yahoo.com

owner/moderator
    http://www.stangtuning.com