Thread: New SC Design vs old but faithful A-trim!

Senior SCH Member

New SC Design vs old but faithful A-trim!

Hey guys sound off on this one! I am curious to hear some responses on this topic.

Is the SC Trim as loud as an A-Trim? Or is it quiet like the v2 edition.

Performance factors? Plus and Minuses of the two?

Actuall first hand experiences sc-trim/a-trim?

Lets light this topic up! :)
    -Chris

1991 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Goliath
    (Novi 1000/Nitrous Works Powered)
    R.I.P. its been fun friend!

1993 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra #4549
    No Name Yet...
    (Vortech S-Trim Powered!)

Junior SCH Member
    Dont know about the sc but my b-trim was not as loud as an s-trim.I've went 11.61@121 with the b-trim on my 347.Car weighs 3500lb.I think i need to go with a bigger blower though cause with the 7 1/2 crank and 2.95 blower pullies it only made about 7lbs of boost because of my combo.But I also went the same with an s-trim with same set up.It was a buddy's and he bought used so I realy dont know if it was in good working order.So if any body wants to work a trade on something bigger let me know.By the way nice site.

Junior SCH Member
    Hey-

I got the V-1 SC-trim a couple of months ago. It's loud as hell! People on the streets turn their heads to see what all the rackets about. The wife says its as bad as fingernails going down a chaulkboard. Scares the dog. I love it! I don't have any performance figures yet, but plan to do a dyno and tracktimes in the next several months. I'll post when completed. Pretty much on a stocklong block right now. But that will change. Hehe.
    '91 GT (Original Owner)
    SC-trim w/ bypass, TFS Street intake, 65 mm FMS TB, 7" crank pulley, Morpheus pipe, 30# FMS injectors, 255 GSS340 Walbro, 3.55's, 1 5/8 shorties, Magnaflow catback

Junior SCH Member
    Yep its definately as loud as the S trim V1.......Mine is loud as crap with the hood up.......with the hood down its sounds awsome.......by the way I have the new SC trim.......Love it .....its my first supercharger.....I had a zex nitrous kit before......No more bottles for this baby................

Later,
    Chris
    1989 Notchback SC Trim

Junior SCH Member
    my a-trim is cool... i bought it at summit price matched to 1650. anmy car and he said to her, you need to fix that pile of junk... it waws funny my mother had to inform this kid that the car was in fact vortech powered.

but anyways. my a-trim has a 2.62 pulley on it and makes about 8psi here in denver. elevation 5200ft. i dynod my car before and the numbers were 207/260tq rwhp and after it was 306/366tq all i did was back my triming off 2 degrees to avoind detonation. the car was totoally stock and ran great even after 208,000 miles. its now in rebuild stage.d let me tell you its my 1st supercharger and its cool. it sounds like theres gravel in it in the morning and then it quites down a little bit... there was this kid at the store ( an import driver), my mother was driving

My little A-Trim is LOUD!!!You can't beat the straight-cut gears for noise,and I love the look on peoples faces when they hear it at a light.They give you that..Look out Martha,she's gonna blow,look!!!
    Nice...I like it....