Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: novi2k + 408 = fuel and air questions?

novi2k + 408 = fuel and air questions?

So, I'm getting plans for my next buildup. The car that I hope to be buying as soon as my gt is gone. Should be this week, will be recieving a big windsor of some sort. 393-408ci or so.

I was just thinking, I don't think 42# injectors and a 255lph intank, and a t-rex are going to cut it for fuel. What kit should I look for? Something with twin pushers and a pick up, or a full aeromotive type deal? Then, what about injectors? If I go any bigger then 42's I'll want somthing low impedance I think. Any direction I should look here, or can I just get away with the 42's until I really wana step it up?

Also, what box stock head would you suggest? I was leaning towards vic jr's, but am very open to suggestions.

My general idea is an easy 500+ rwhp street car that'll see the track once a month or so. I would like to be able to turn up the boost though, and go for a single digit time slip.

Fire away guys!

Brandon

p.s. This is on a little budget, nothing to big.
    90 strawberry coupe

the tfs R's would kick butt on a big widsor. There are some mean nitrous windsor in my area with those heads. As far as a fuel system you're gonna need the works! How about 42's and a 6:1 fmu? I'd really get it tuned!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Brent, It will be a cold day in hell before I let someone tune my car. Unless it's the likes of lidio, jimmy larocca, mike murillo, well you get the picture. I don't figure anyone is any smarter then me at this, they probably just have a more experience, and knowledge. So I dont' think I'll be taking it to a tuner? I'm also not to hip to fmu's, I would rather save the money for low impedance injectors, and get a driver for them from pro-m. I've thought of the tfs'r's. Hmmm, wonder how much a used set could be had for?

Anyone know anything about combustion chamber sizes, and what exhaust bolt pattern they use?

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

I'm pretty sure they are 61 cc's like the rest of the tfs line, and the exhaust has kind of a high port with the splayed bbc looking pattern....i know what you mean about tuning. I'm lucky to have lidio,a paul svinicki and hour or so away. But i have yet to go to them my self. I'd have to real issues to go to one of those places.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

I would do a dual 255 setup for fuel, -8 feed, -6 return, Aero regulator, ect.. Then I would toss in some 83 lb injectors.

For heads, AFR 205's hands down, then I would cog that 2k and run at least 15lbs of boost.

Fuel - $1000
    Injectors - $300-450
    Heads - $1400-1600

Ian

I would have to agree with Ian on the AFR's if you are going to leave them stock and not going to sink $$$ into a port job.

I too think 42#'s would be on the small side......
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

So here's what I'm thinking. Afr 205's, or trick flow r's, or find a set of used ported vic jr's. 72 or 83# injectors. The fuel setup, and ta---- da------!

I should have the new car within the month, and I will slap the novi on that thing. Then I'll do a mild street strip suspension, convert to 5 lug. Buy the fuel system, all while collecting motor parts. Build the motor over the winter, then scrounge for the money to buy somthing to control those injectors.

Any suggestions on somthing to run those bad boys?

Ian, should I just call jack up for the fuel system? does he ship with all wireing stuff too?

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Yep give Jack a call he can build you a system - not sure on the wiring - I did that on my own.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    I have the TFS-R's on my 410. Ports are not modified as far as I can tell. There is a good sounding set for sale here: http://www.detroitstreetcars.com/sale.htm but I don't know if they are still available or not. It might be worth it to go with some kind of aftermarket EFI system EPEC/FAST/etc to tune that with.
    '88 LX Coupe, 410 cubic inch FRPP W351 block, TFS-R heads, GT-40 lower, Holcomb Civil Wars upper, Cam Motion solid roller, Paxton Novi 2000 cog drive S/N 5154, Tremec TKO, FRPP EPEC stand alone.

'94 Corvette Coupe, LT1, 6 speed, 13.391 @ 104.41 mph

I'm leaning towards epec, but would be very interested in fast or somthing like that. don't know how confident I would be in using it. I have used a pms though.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

You guy's think all the same stuff would be ok with say a 357 even?

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Junior SCH Member
    The EPEC is pretty easy to use, but I haven't really looked into the latest FAST system. I have been hearing about a new EPEC, but don't know what the status is on that. I heard that Laroccas may be testing it.

Senior SCH Member
    I would put a Weldon or Magnaflow pump on the car for fuel.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

I would try to find someones already ported set of high ports, tfs-r, or ported vic jr's if you are on a budget and want the most for your money.

I'm really interested in epec. Anyplace I can go for some reading on it?

I agree hustler.

Fillyaw, do you like the magnaflow stuff?

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe