Thread: P1SC Questions?

Junior SCH Member

P1SC Questions?

I have a 2001 Cobra. Totally stock. I'll be swapping in 4.10's soon, aluminum driveshaft, spec stage 3 clutch & steeda adj clutch quadrant. I finally decided on the P1SC. I want to run 8lbs of boost. I was told by tech at Procharger to run the 03 Cobra pumps. I've also read to go w/ the 03 tank as well. What I want to know is. What brand injectors are you using (I'm going w/ 42's), and What MAF are you using if you're running this set up? I've heard to go w/ the Pro-M Universal. Also what other add ons would you use to keep everything safe and running to it's utmost potential? I've been looking at Procharger for a long time but was scared b/c of the seal issues. Talked to tech today and was reassured that there would be no problems and if there was they'd take care of me. But I'm more scared of Vortech's prices than a blown seal. Help me out here so I can learn a little. Oh yeah one more thing. Anyone running a power pipe w/ their P1SC? If so what brand? I've heard of Morpheus and I've called and he says he makes one that will "fit" my application. Just curious?

-Rob

P.S. Oh and the other funny thing I read in other forums (bashing Procharger) was about their tech and how long you have to wait. I barely waited 2 mins. No more than 5 mins for all 3 of my calls to them. Very helpful and knowledgeable. When I called Vortech the few times I wanted info. The guys on the other end sounded clueless and unsure of themselves. So I don't see where all this B.S. about Procharger is coming? What do you all think of the badmouthing? I want to hear it all!

Welcome to the site! Have a look around and do some searches on the forums, there is a lot of usefull info on this site. I am sure you will be happy that you chose to go with ATI... they are a good company. Just as any other company, you will always have some issues, and there will always be people that hate them for one reason or another, but overall, they have a great product and support if you ask me.

I am not sure about the tank issue, but I know that you should run the 03 pumps' and you'll be all set in the fuel pump area. Injectors?... Bosch, FRPP... I am pretty sure they are the same, either way, they are both just fine. As far as the MAF... definitely the Pro-M Univer. It uses a whole different philosophy behind sampling the air that is far superior to traditional sampling when in the right application. You should ask Pro-M which size, but it's either going to be either the 3" or the 3.5". You are going to kind of be on the border between the two I think, but they will know for sure. Just know up front that you are going to NEED to have your car tuned right away with that meter... it is not a plug-n'-play meter like others, but I can guarantee you that it will be well worth it. Other add ons, well... you are going to need to deal with the traction issue... so you may want to look at suspension work in the back, maybe a larger t-body to take full potential of your new found power. Morpheous makes a power pipe for your car that will be well worth it. I have seen the Morpheous pipes and they are very high quality and they take care of customers very well.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks I really appreciate the help. I already knew most of that info. I was just making sure as to what everyone's running. What works, what doesn't etc. I've heard that the supplied chip is a B**ch to try and tune. So should I just get credit for the chip and buy a chip locally? I'm not too sure but I think there's only one place on this island (I'm in Hawaii) that actually burns chips. I'll have to make some phone calls. Since it's here it's going to cost and arm and a leg. This place is a joke when it comes to anything w/ a car. If you don't have an import. You're basically suckin' big time. All my friends say Vortech. They all have them. Good reputation but I like the simplicity of the Procharger P1SC. My car is street driven. It's my daily driver too. So it will see weekend warrior status (not too often though) and be daily driven. That's why I'm going w/ only 8psi. Shouldn't be a problem. I just want something fun but streetable as well. I'll have to play it by ear. Not sure if I'm going to buy it now or wait until I get back to the states? I just don't trust people here too much w/ my car. So that's an issue w/ me. Hey! It's my baby! Oh, and since the maf isn't plug and play. Would I be able to drive the car 30-45 mins to the shop to be able to tune, or keep the stock one on and swap out when I get there?

-Rob

The ati chip is worthless - don't waste your time, and as for tuning a chip, for a general and conservative tune, you could call Dallas Mustang or others (Houston Performance, Xcessive motorsports) and get a generic type of burn for your setup on a diablo or superchip. Or you could get a proM universal and have the maf calibrated for your inj size - mine are 42# as well - and just go chipless. You can buy one of these mafs used online on corral (have seen several lately for 42#inj) or new from a vendor - like jdsperformance or similar. I am planning on a dyno tune to burn a superchip flipchip, unitl then I run with my calibrated maf - works fine, though my car sucks the gas! Part of that is my 1000hp capable areomotive custom fuel setup.....good luck with whatever you choose - I just received my P-1SC kit - the thing is monstrous big! 3 core IC and a head unit the size of a dinner plate!! boost is the only cure for what ails you ...... stevet

1998 S/C'ed cobra coupe - laser red and somewhere in the great state of Tejas.....442rwhp/410rwtq dyno tuned

I would not suggest an "over the counter" type of chip ever... especially on a blown application, anyone will tell you that. You are playing with fire. As far as the Pro-M Univer MAF (not Universal), it does NOT sample air the same as the regular sample-tube type of meter and WILL NOT work properly unless dyno tuned properly. If it does, consider yourself VERY lucky... you are one of a few. It makes no difference weather the meter is callibrated for your injectors or not (why in the world wouldn't you get a meter callibrated for the right injectors if you are buying new???), it does NOT return the signal to the computer in the same fassion... you HAVE to have it tuned. Yes, you can run it without having the car tuned, but your car is not going to be running right and again, you are playing with fire. I speak from experience... I have set up MANY cars with blowers, both draw through and blow through setups, and also the new Univer... they all have the same outcome... the car flat out does not run right (or at all) without being tuned with the Univer. That does not mean that it is a bad meter by any means (it is far superior to any other meter on the market for a blow through application)... it simply means that the computer has to be "told" how the signal comes through.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    I still have the stock MAF installed on my set-up, but I also use a Pro-M MAF tuner.
    Toss the ATI chip in the trash! Get a custom tuned chip!
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra