Thread: 235/60 BFG DR's.......look inside

235/60 BFG DR's.......look inside

Well i think I'm gonna put ET Streets on my welds and save them exclusively for big events and putting the 235/60's on 10 holes and making the car a real sleeper for next year. Might try to win some street cash.

My question is does anyone have any decent 60' times with these little tires?:dot:
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Dont know Brent, they may be kinda small. Dr's work best when there is alot of sidewall involved.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

theres just as much sidewall on those as the 275/50's that everyone seems to be running. your loosing 1.5" in tread width but you have decent height with those......i considered running those on the street as well since nmy 275/50's rub the fenders here & there........still have the 275's for now......

-justin

Brent, what size E/T Streets you running?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

i've been running 275 60 bfg dr's all summer and i'm wondering if i can get away with less tire cause i dead hook every time when air'd down and hot.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Brent, so what ya mean by "dead hook" is that you bog off the line?

If so, you might consider a gear change.

You run a two-step??
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

well i figure going from 28" tires to the 26" tall tires would help get me in the rev range sooner. I go through the traps @ 5400 so there's some room to play with. friday i'm trying the 235/60's, 275/50's, 25X8.5 hoosiers and some 26x12 et drags(yeah i know what that will look like) it's not really a bog so to speak but it just sorts drifts through the first 30' and romps the next 30'. If i can get my 60' times where chuck ran the other night i'll be where i wanna be. I'm gonna run the shortest tires i can find and tun the timing way up on some Torco 110. No two step just yet.

Saturday i should post a mountain of testing info on tires sizes, octane, and timing.

If you can lay your hands on a two-step, it'll allow you to build a couple pounds of boost at the line depending on where you set it, just a thought for down the road.

update-----the lil bfg's do not do the job on my car. too much spin and too many revs.

damn, sorry to hear brent.......thanx for the heads up on them. heck i dont get traction with my 275/50's though either....i may go with some ET streets for the street, then only drive on nice days.........

-justin