Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Home made power pipe.

Thread: Home made power pipe.

Home made power pipe.

I thought I would share some pics of the powerpipe I made a couple months ago.
    I worked on deciding how to make it and what to make it out of for a while. I made a couple different ones and this is the one I ended up with.
    It's made out of two rubber 4", 90* angles. One plastic 4", 90* angle, a straight peice of 4" plastic pipe (for some extra length), a coupler to attach the straight the piece (the same type of coupler material to attach your discharge tube on each end- only 4" diameter) and a plastic reducer from 4" to 3".
    It cost me around $50 canadian for all the materials.

The results of it:
    I went from 8lbs to 10lbs of boost. I went from a 114.7mph to 119.0mph.

This is how it first came out. notice it's not painted and I havent used the second rubber elbow to attach to the back of the blower.

Here it is now, painted and with the rubber elbow holding it to the blower.

And if you look in the fender you can see the reducer (white plastic piece) where it attaches to the first rubber elbow and the MAF on the other end.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Cool deal, I thought about doing something similiar but Ian cut me a good deal on a used Morpheus pipe. I imagine that the plastic construction is a bit better to avoid heatsoak vs. a meatal one. 2#'s for 50 canadian ain't shabby at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

sounds great!! Did you cut the fender to do all this, or did you just leave it?
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

No, I had to cut the fender to squeeze the 4" tube through it.
    If your worried about the fender, you could probably rig it up to reduce to 3" just before and it would fit through
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods