Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
SN95 ATI P600B Owners (INSTALL HELP!!!!!

Thread: SN95 ATI P600B Owners (INSTALL HELP!!!!!

Junior SCH Member

SN95 ATI P600B Owners (INSTALL HELP!!!!!

Trying to mount my intercooler where and how did you all do it. Any pics would greatly be appricated? View attach links for pics of my somewhat install

ATI INSTALL PICS ON A 1994 GT

BLUE STREAK VIDEO

Senior SCH Member

Re: SN95 ATI P600B Owners (INSTALL HELP!!!!!

Originally posted by wickedstangs
    Trying to mount my intercooler where and how did you all do it. Any pics would greatly be appricated? View attach links for pics of my somewhat install
    by the looks of what you have it looks like its coming along pretty well. when I did my procharger install on my 95 cobra, as well as a friends 94 gt we drilled extra holes for the intercooler, actually higher than what ATI says to mount. This way you can have the intercooler sit higher, and not worry about ground clearance, or obstructing the front facia too terribly much.
    On my install for a 3 core intercooler the tab is facing downwards and gets mounted to the bottom tab on my powersteering cooler. I can't remember ( its been 2 years ) whether or not the GT has a power steering cooler or not, however this is how mine was. So basically, on the drivers side, the intercooler inlet is on the bottom, and on the passenger side, the outlet is on top, with the TAB of the intercooler facing downward.
    If you need more details, just shoot me a pm and ill do my best to walk you through it.

good luck

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Looks to me like you have the 3-core intercooler... the same as my friends 96' that we did the install on. We didn't even take the front facia off of it to get it done, so it should be quite a bit easier to fit for you. The passengers side of the intercooler discharged at the top... it was a REAL tight fit, but there was a 90 bend tube that went on that side of it that shot straight down, then the rest of the tubing connected to that. It looks like yours is different right there for some reason. I know for a fact that the inlet of the intercooler was on the bottom, outlet was on the top.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    I have more pics of what I have done so far maybe this will help I will attach them. This is how I installed it not sure if this is right or not?

More Pics

SCH Member
    i can't be sure, but it look like in the pics that you cut the bumper crush panel off on the passenger side. if so, why???? i know it is in the way and the intercooler will sit crooked with it, but you can't mount your bumper without it. and driving without a bumper is flat dangerous. any collision will do major damage, and that intercooler is mucho bucks if you have to buy a new one. Ken
    I can't hear you scream over my D1SC!!!!!!!!!
    PICS COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!
    DSS super pro bullet 308
    D1SC pullied for 14# Intercooled
    80 mm Univer
    75mm Edelbrock T/B
    Trick Flow Track Heat Upper/Lower
    Twisted Wedge heads
    42# injectors/ no fmu/ PMS
    MSD Digital 6
    Flowtech Inductions- Ed Curtis Custom Cam
    ProMotion TKO and beyond.
    Steeda upper/lower control arms and anti roll bar
    Bullet Racing 6 pt Chrome moly roll cage
    Eaton Race Diff with 31 spline Moser Axles

Ken is right... what happened to your crush box? Anyway, it looks close to what we did, funny you used what you did for mounting the intercooler... we ended up doing the same thing on that car... mounted it to one of the hood latch bolts, I was going to say something on my last post, but was sure that there was something better that you could find since your bumper was off... but hey, it works. As far as the tubing in concerned... I still remember a 90 degree tube on the outlet of the intercooler that went down the side of the intercooler and then another 90 to get it going in the right direction, but yours seems to fit good... just hope the bumper and everything goes back on right. What did you do with your power steering cooler? We ended up getting some high quality, high temp/pressure line to extend it with and some nice brass male/male couplers... that was the only way we didn't blow a line off and lose the power brakes/power steering.

Looks like you're getting there! You don't have too much more.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    The car is not driven daily; it is a drag car only. Below pics are my daily drivers the lightning tows it to all its events. I agree that it is dangerous to remove the bumper, but I have to reduce the weight of the car to 3200 lbs.
    Emilio Valdez
    Founder/President
    www.wickedstangs.com
    1994 GT (Drag Car) http://www.wickedstangs.com/WSR/BlueStreak.html
    2001 Cobra Laser Red #2132 of 3867 Build Date 07/18/2001
    2003 Cobra Red Fire #**** of **** Build Date 09/16/2002
    2003 Lightning Black #2013 of 4270
    Build date 02/27/2003
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja

Wow, sounds like you have a whole fleet of very nice cars. It's your choice to remove the bumper, but even as only a track car, it's still a major hazard. Keep takin' those pictures and updating us with the progress, looks like you are almost done.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member

Project Blue Streak