Thread: Power pipes

SCH Member

Power pipes

Does anyone have a custom power pipe on their s-trim? What do you guys have on the intake side of the supercharger
    93 LX Convertible, Saleen body kit & decals, Balanced 306, B303, 1.7rr, TRW Forged pistons, Explorer intake, GT40p heads,Head studs, 70mm T.B,

SCH Member
    I use an Anderson power pipe. You can find some cheaper ones just about everybody makes one now.
    93 LX
    R331/AFR 205/Vic 5.0/? psi

Junior SCH Member
    like force said everyone is making them............... get you one. I picked up 4lb of boost with the swap. It will vary depending on how hard you spin you blower. But it is needed. the stock intake tract is to small.
    slow white

S-trim/cobra/6037's/AOD/ 3260lbs

10.74@128................... Street car!

Until I get a "real" power pipe, I'm using neoprene-like ducting Igot from a rubber supply warehouse. I wonder how much (if any) I would even pick up w/ a power pipe?? Regardless, it works for the time being.

J

Anderson Power Pipe here also. :D
    1998 GT
    S-Trim
    DSS Forged Short Block
    PIs
    Murillo Tuned
    347hp 354ft/lb

I have a custom power pipe. Works great.
    You Must Be Fast, Cause You Were Flyin When I Passed You!

Junior SCH Member
    There is a guy on the corral making power pipes and selling them for 140.00. They look just like Anderson's power pipes. I find the like and post it. He got lots of pics of it.
    2001 MG Supercharged Cobra
    4:10s, Steeda Sport Springs, Griggs Driveshaft, JBA 1 5/8 jet black headers, Vortech E Trim, 90mm MAF, 42lb Injectors, 255 fuel pump, Pro 5.0 w steeda handle, Autometer Fuel Pressure and Boost.
    Solid rear, Eaton, Superior axles, and welded tubes, ET Streets on Pro's aftercooler 10lb pulley

La Rocca Tuned

PICS

Junior SCH Member
    2001 MG Supercharged Cobra
    4:10s, Steeda Sport Springs, Griggs Driveshaft, JBA 1 5/8 jet black headers, Vortech E Trim, 90mm MAF, 42lb Injectors, 255 fuel pump, Pro 5.0 w steeda handle, Autometer Fuel Pressure and Boost.
    Solid rear, Eaton, Superior axles, and welded tubes, ET Streets on Pro's aftercooler 10lb pulley

La Rocca Tuned

PICS

Junior SCH Member
    Recently switched to the AFM piece and think the quality of the piece is great. Noticed an improvement over my previous power pipe. I started off with a nice piece from R.A.C.E. Systems called the PowerFlex2. Worked much better than the stock stuff and was 4 inches in diameter like the AFM piece; however it wasn't a ceramic coated mandrel bent piece. The unit was actually a really strong internal/external reinforced flex tube. Came with heavy duty clamps and a liner for $99. Not bad but decided to make the switch and the benefit was there.
    93LX 5.0:Vortech V2-SQ 3.33/6.87* AFM power pipe * TFS Heads, Cobra intake * 65mm/TB * B303 cam * 1.6RR * 42# FRPP injectors * 80MM Pro-M * FMU 4:1 w/bleeder&restrictor * 190lph * T-REX * FRPP rad * MSD 6AL * TFI Blaster coil * MSD 8.5 Wires * Holley Annihilator Ignition Module * MSD/Vortech BTM * Kirban FPR * equal lengths * O/R H-Pipe * DynoMax Ultra Flow Welded * 3:55:1gear * Edelbrock water pump(leaking already) * Romac * Subframes * Cervinis 2 1/2 cowl hood

Previous Dyno Tune
    435 RWHP/393 RWTQ (pump gas)
    Latest Dyno Tune (9-14-02)
    482 RWHP/445.5 RWTQ (pump gas)
    Tuned by Jim C. of LaRocca's Performance

Originally posted by CHRGDPNYBOY
    Recently switched to the AFM piece and think the quality of the piece is great. Noticed an improvement over my previous power pipe. I started off with a nice piece from R.A.C.E. Systems called the PowerFlex2. Worked much better than the stock stuff and was 4 inches in diameter like the AFM piece; however it wasn't a ceramic coated mandrel bent piece. The unit was actually a really strong internal/external reinforced flex tube. Came with heavy duty clamps and a liner for $99. Not bad but decided to make the switch and the benefit was there.
    How much of an improvement did you notice? It sounds like you were using basically the same exact thing I'm currently using. Was your MAF in the fender with that piece as well? I've been thinking about getting a pipe, but kinda wondering how much of a difference it would make.

J

Junior SCH Member
    Hey guys Central Florida Motorsports will sell you a AFM Power Pipe for $219 shipped! I say them on E-bay and called to check. That is a great deal. I just ordered one yesterday. I live about 40 miles from AFM. I could drive up to AFM and pay $250+Tax+Gas or get it from Flordia for a lot cheaper. Oh well thought I would pass on the savings. CFM treated me right on my MAF too. Pro-M 80mm AFM sells it for $310, CFM-$289.
    1995 Cobra on jack stands w/ parts all around.

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by down
    How much of an improvement did you notice? It sounds like you were using basically the same exact thing I'm currently using. Was your MAF in the fender with that piece as well? I've been thinking about getting a pipe, but kinda wondering how much of a difference it would make.

J
    Not sure exactly if the R.A.C.E Systems piece I used is the same as what you are refering to but there website used to have a whole story on it with pics. There is a guy on the corral who goes by BBAD5.0 and he might still have the pics about the PowerFlex pipes up. As for noticing a difference, I know it had to help along with my catback swap at the last dyno tune session but couldn't say how much since I had changed those two items out. I will say that the car pulls a bit harder and revs a little quicker. I believe the biggest benefit of the mandrel bent AFM piece is the fact that in the bends they are totally smooth throughout, whereas the PowerFlex with its internal/external reinforced helix did crinckle a little on one side when bent but not neary like the junk that comes with the kits.
    93LX 5.0:Vortech V2-SQ 3.33/6.87* AFM power pipe * TFS Heads, Cobra intake * 65mm/TB * B303 cam * 1.6RR * 42# FRPP injectors * 80MM Pro-M * FMU 4:1 w/bleeder&restrictor * 190lph * T-REX * FRPP rad * MSD 6AL * TFI Blaster coil * MSD 8.5 Wires * Holley Annihilator Ignition Module * MSD/Vortech BTM * Kirban FPR * equal lengths * O/R H-Pipe * DynoMax Ultra Flow Welded * 3:55:1gear * Edelbrock water pump(leaking already) * Romac * Subframes * Cervinis 2 1/2 cowl hood

Previous Dyno Tune
    435 RWHP/393 RWTQ (pump gas)
    Latest Dyno Tune (9-14-02)
    482 RWHP/445.5 RWTQ (pump gas)
    Tuned by Jim C. of LaRocca's Performance