Thread: 94-95 Psc1 on 88 possible?

Junior SCH Member

94-95 Psc1 on 88 possible?

I just bought a P1sc intercooled for 94-95, I want to put it on my 88 instead. I called ATI and they said I need to have it clocked for 225, need crank pulley Onehundred something?, need bracket around 400, need new blower pulley 80.00 and etc. I assumed the 5.0 were the same, tubing I dont mind I can correct that. Maybe is it possible to use the pulleys and brackets off of 94 onto my 88? I dont have power stearing but I do have a/c. on 88 its top mount on 94 a/c is on bottom. Man any ideas? Hate to sell this but maybe I might have to to get one that works on my 88. thanks Andel

SCH Member
    Dear racin 5.0:
    If the supercharger was designed for a 5.0 liter...no problem you can use it on your 88 stang...you have to work out the hoses...
    But if the supercharger was designed for the 4.6 liter DOCH then you will need some other stuff .
    The pulley system for your vehicle is the 8 rib type.
    Take care and enjoy the boost!!!
    pablo

Junior SCH Member
    Yes the supercharger was designed for the 5.0 but they are saying it wont work without what I mentioned above. The tubing would be the easy part I believe. But they are saying the brackets wont work.

SCH Member
    Well yes they are right in a few things, like the brackets and pulleys, it would not work since the 94-95 are 6 rib belts and also the pulley arrangement is a lot different.
    But the supercharger will work fine with the correct bracket and pulley.
    You can buy them on e-bay or may be look on this same forums, they are very cheap...and may be you can trade the one you have for those you need.
    Take care.
    pablo

Senior SCH Member
    I looked at the p600b and there is no difference that I can see with the blower it self. you will have to get a new bracket and pulley, and some tubing but I think that is it.
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered