Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
First one here.......

Thread: First one here.......

Junior SCH Member

First one here.......

Thought I would go ahead and be the first to post here. I have a X trim but haven't used it yet, still putting the car together.

Here are the specs:

1990 GT (Red)
    Vortech X trim- 77 tooth- crank, 28 tooth- blower
    410"w, from Keith Craft
    new style TFS high ports from TEA
    TFS "R" lower fully ported from TEA
    Reichard Racing upper
    Comp solid roller
    Spearco air/air intercooler
    Kooks 1 7/8 - 2" 3 1/2" collector
    T400 w/brake built be Neil Chance
    9" bolt together converter built by Marty Chance
    Accel Gen 7 w/ start-up program from Job Spetter jr.
    MSD 10 ignition
    Wolfe dbl. adj. uppers
    Wolfe lowers
    Wolfe dbl. adj. sway bar
    Wolfe 10pt chrome moly cage
    Weld Aluma-Star wheels

That should about cover most of the important pieces. Been putting this together for 2 years now. Hope to have it ready for WFC6 but I don't think I'll make it.

Cool site here, hope more people come in with X trim's. If not, then I guess I'll have to keep myself entertained.

:D :D

Senior SCH Member
    Welcome Gary!, I know a guy here in town that runs in WFC events and runs an X-trim that is in the 9.30's range with his white lx.

Glad to have you aboard!

Check your PM, BTW!
    -Chris

1991 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Goliath
    (Novi 1000/Nitrous Works Powered)
    R.I.P. its been fun friend!

1993 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra #4549
    No Name Yet...
    (Vortech S-Trim Powered!)

Junior SCH Member
    I would really like to make it in May this year with the car to run Wild Street. It's Jan. already and I don't think I'll have enough time to do it.

Junior SCH Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Goliath 5.0
    [B]Welcome Gary!, I know a guy here in town that runs in WFC events and runs an X-trim that is in the 9.30's range with his white lx.

Chris, you should get him on this board.

Gary

Junior SCH Member
    I just got my new X-trim blower last week and waiting to get my Mustang finished up and painted. It is going on top of a 352 engine with a Vortech Igloo and will have stock suspension. The car will be run in the PRO Series Xtreme Street class. That sucker is huge next my S-trim!

Is that big inch engine together with the blower yet?

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah, the engine has been together for some time now. I changed the heads last week from AFR 185's to TFS high ports. Never fired the thing yet but hopefully soon. I would like to run PRO Xtreme street but my small block is too big. @ 410" I would have to weigh 3800lbs. Pretty much made me a little mad when I saw that the cubic inch limit is 360". 10lbs per cubic inch over 360 is just ridiculous.

What times are you expecting from your combo Mike?

Junior SCH Member
    I have just added an X-Trim to my combo. The car runs and has been driven around with the X on it but no track or dyno time yet. I had the motor dynoed a few months ago with a J-Trim and NO intercooler and made 1010hp. I have since added an Igloo as well. When the weather around here gets a little warmer I will be strapping my car down to a chassis dyno for some flogging. I'm shooting for 1000+rwhp.

2 years ago with the J-trim my car went 9.03 @ 153mph with stock electronics (EEC-IV) and stock suspension (boxed uppers OEM lowers). Since then it has been upgraded to a F.A.S.T. setup and a complete UPR rear suspension. The motor has also been rebuilt with better parts to take the addtional abuse.

I plan on running this car in Extreme street with the X-Trim and FFW Drag Radial with the J-Trim.

Junior SCH Member
    I checked out your web site, it is very nice and informative. Your car sounds bad *** also!!! If you have drove yours then your a long ways ahead of me. I still have alot left to do. the next thing I'm doing is plumb the blower to the intercooler and to throttle body. I'm still hoping to have it running in a couple months.

I would like to run in Extreme street but the new weights are still makig me weigh too much. I think the next motor I build will probably be under 360". Not too many places like the big motors with superchargers :(

Good luck with the dyno session and keep us posted with the results, hopefully you'll visit here often.

Junior SCH Member
    My motor is 359.11ci :D

It’s been a long time since I actually raced the car. I took last year off to work on the 2v car and spend some time with the family. Plus work kind of got in the way of working on 2 race cars.

I will be visiting here regularly and I will keep everyone posted as to the numbers. I will have to add some comments to the S-Trim board as well. Since my 2v car has a ccw S-Trim on it and I am in the process of converting it to 8-rib.

Anyways...thanks for the codos on my site. If you don't here from me on these boards for awhile check the site....as I try to update as soon as I have new material.

-Corey

Junior SCH Member

First one here

Hi all,Im not currently an ultrarunner, but am hoping to do my first 50k race next year. Can anyone recommend one that would be good for a road bound runner? I havent done any trail running yet.TIA...