Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Driver side YS with ac?

Thread: Driver side YS with ac?

Driver side YS with ac?

Will a driver side mounted YS work with the factory air and power steering? A guy at Vortech told me it would fit without modifications to the renegade bracket or tubing. Is this correct?
    I figured I would have to use a passenger side mount, but would much rather have a straight discharge if it will work.

Thanks,
    Kirk
    93 Cobra #2161
    MMFF feature July '01
    New combo: Keith Craft 331 R-block, YSi, Brodix, Kooks, Reichard, Dynamic, Wolfe etc, etc...

Y3K Performance Parts
    Kooks, Reichard, SDS Motorsports & Innovate LM-1 dealer.

Car info> http://93cobra.itgo.com

Junior SCH Member

Re: Driver side YS with ac?

Originally posted by hotrodcobra
    Will a driver side mounted YS work with the factory air and power steering? A guy at Vortech told me it would fit without modifications to the renegade bracket or tubing. Is this correct?
    I figured I would have to use a passenger side mount, but would much rather have a straight discharge if it will work.

Thanks,
    Kirk
    The Drivers side mounted system WILL NOT work w/ A/C or power steering. The rep you spoke w/ may have been confused as to whether you were talking about the the D/S or P/S mounted unit. Hope this helps.
    ~R

Well, he should have known since we were talking about the YSi. I have just about talked myself into eliminating the ac, but are you sure I cannot run power steering either?

Senior SCH Member
    Kirk,
    Ricky is right, he should know......hehe, if you get creative you could move the AC to the passenger side with some custom brackets and have an AC shop make the lines up, PS....well, put a manual rack in, you would be suprised how well it will steer.....
    Spence

8.96/160

Junior SCH Member

HotRod

You are correct he should have known. I believe that maybe some of the guys over here may have been confused when we 1st released the YSi that it was not available for the P/S mounted configuration as indeed the YSi is currently only available in straight discharge. That may change in the future.
    As far as keeping your power steering goes....Spence is right in the statement that you truly would be suprised how well the car steers if you put a manual rack in it. You may be able to make the power steering work but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to tell you what you need to do to make that happen. One of your options (if you indeed have yourself convinced that you would llike to keep a/c & p/s) would be to wait for Vortech to release to curved discharge version of the YSi for the p/s mounted system. This would allow to retain all of your factory installed accessories. Best of luck to you.

~R

p.s. Hi Spence. :)

n2boost,

It was a pleasure to talk with you. Thanks for taking the time to call me.

Kirk

PS I think I'm gonna have some fun convincing several good friends of mine to come back to Vortech. (In other words I can't wait to blow their intercooled doors off). ;) :D
    93 Cobra #2161
    MMFF feature July '01
    New combo: Keith Craft 331 R-block, YSi, Brodix, Kooks, Reichard, Dynamic, Wolfe etc, etc...

Y3K Performance Parts
    Kooks, Reichard, SDS Motorsports & Innovate LM-1 dealer.

Car info> http://93cobra.itgo.com