Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: most boost from a Novi 1000?

blown5oh
    I see 10# w/ the 3.25" pulley. Remember, higher boost doesn't necessarily mean more hp/tq. Don't get too hung up on how much boost you're seeing.

well i gained about 2.5-3psi with the 8in pulley BUT i gained a consistent4-5 mph in the ol 1320. Which I calculate right around 40 to 50 more rwhp. So yeah of course i wanna try more!!! But you're absolutley right. I read the article with the Kenne Bell on the 03 snake and @ the same the boost level (18psi) the KB made over 100 more horsepower. The same will apply for the 1000 and 2000 series blowers.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    Blown five oh, is that with an 8" crank pulley also, or just the 3.25" blower pulley?
    93 Black coupe, JE Pistons, Cut and Polished Crank 10/10 Bearings, Ported Edelbrock Aluminum Heads, 42lb Injectors, Pro M 80mm Mass Air
    Accufab 75mm Throttle Body, Holley Systemax Intake, BBK Adjustable Fuel Regulator, 130 amp alternator
    1.7 Ford Motorsport Roller Rockers, Ford Motorsport E303 Cam,Aluminum Radiator, Electric Fan, MSD 6AL Ignition- MSD 6BTM Boost Retard
    MSD Coil 90/10 Front Shocks,
    50/50 Rear Shocks, 3.55 Gears,
    BBK Long Tube Headers, SouthSide Machine Lift Bars, Sub Frame Connectors, Built T-5 with Cobra Gearset 3:35, 255lph Fuel Pump
    T-Rex inline fuel pump
    Vortech S trim Supercharger,Vortech Aftercooler, Flowmaster CatBack Exhaust, Optima battery relocated
    Corbeau CR1 Racing Seats Cervini Cowl/Ram Air hood ,17" Cobra R wheels

blown5oh
    Cobra33, I've got the new Novi 1k kit. Each pulley swap I did, I saw a gain of around 30-40hp....and that's w/ a very conservative a/f ratio.

damn i want the 3.25 blower pulley.......whats the deal with upgrading to a 2k from the revised 1k? arent the brackets pretty much the same? i just keep thinking that the only step left blower wise for me is to upgrade the blower pulley to a 3.25, then anything else would be over spinning.......hmmmm,(future planning).........

-justin

yup......i don't know if i'm going to have money for my shortblock so are you ready for this? I may reduce some boost....
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

readuce boost? you have a safe tune where your at right brent? why reduce boost? just pull more timing out.......are you getting smaller cc heads? adding nos? cant see why you would reduce boost........
    -justin

well i'm going to try to make the ol 120k mile motor last another season with just bearings, springs, lifters. I have so much going on at home with the wife in college and we're redecorating ect.....

i'm gonna tame it down for a while and and add the cage, axels, and a new converter.

well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, i suggest less timing though.......my wife too is finishing college & we have things neding done around the house. my upgrades have all but at a minumum recently..........the stangs not going anywhere, take your time! pull some timing out & go with it...good luck!

-justin