Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Got my Innovate LM-1 Wideband
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got my Innovate LM-1 Wideband

Got my Innovate LM-1 Wideband

Just picked it up yesterday from the post office. Not sure if I'll get it on this year to try it and give some user impressions (car is going away for the winter in a couple weeks)

Looks like a good piece. The case is pretty sturdy and the kit comes complete with everything to get you off and running quickly. Instructions appear to be well written and easy to understand which is always nice. All in all I'm impreesed and at it's price point ($349 US) it's quite possibly the best realistically priced A/F Meter currently available for DIY tuner. Below are some pics I took of it...

Conents of the kit:

LM-1 Digital A/F Ratio Meter
    Bosch LSU4.2 Oxygen Sensor
    10' Sensor Extension cable
    10' Power cable w/cigarette adapter
    6' Serial Cable for PC connection (not shown in pic)
    Weld on Bung w/plug
    CD w/ manual and PC software
    Quick-start guide
    9 volt battery

For more info on the Innovate LM-1 go to Innovate Motorsports Be sure to check out the support page as it conatins links to some forums that have user feedback on the unit. One also has input from the head guru from Innovate as well (North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club LM-1 forum)

I will be in the market for one of these very soon. Keep us posted glenn

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Looks great!

Ian

YES YES YES! I would love to hear an unbiased opinion on this!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    I have been asking a bunch of questions on their mailing list about this product. It almost seems too good to be true. Full wideband capabilities and the capability to data log 6 more channels. 12 samples per second per each channel. Almost sounds too good to be true for the price.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Chris, thats how I feel. I can't wait to here some feedback from glenn.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

I'm gonna do my best to get it installed well enough to do some readings with it this week. I like everyone else here have been very interested in this unit since I heard about it. I've been following as many discussions as possible where others have used it and aside from 1 or 2 guys who had a small problem (mounting the sensor to close to turbos or cats causing it to overheat the 02 sensor) the feedback has been all positive. I posted before about a dyno tuner who compared it side by side to the wideband on his DynoJet and said the LM-1 was dead on accurate. I was skeptical at first too because in my mind, getting a good wideband for $349 is a good buy, but when you throw in all the other stuff it can do including the 44 mins of datalogging, this thing has to be the product of the year for DIY tuners. I believe the key to the price point achieved is the cost of the Bosch LSU4.2 oxygen sensor. 02 sensors are usually one of the more expensive pieces in an A/F meter kit but I've read that the Bosch units are not expensive at all to purchase if you shop around(under $50) whereas ones like the NTK L1H1 02 sensor comes in around $150+. The Bosch LSU4.2 sensor has also recieved accolades for not only it's price point, but it's accuracy as well (+/- .02%)

Also note that the LM-1 is compatible with the following 02's

Bosch LSU 4.2 (OEM Part # 0 258 007 057/058)
    Bosch LSU 4 (OEM Part # 0 258 006 066)
    NTK L1H1 (OEM Part # L1H1)

good info glenn. I'll be buying one. More then likely

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Brandon, buy me one too while you are at it, lol. Since I've been cut off from funds. Still haven't told her about the tweaker yet....I may not get any for a month after she finds out, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

lol sean. I was thinking about a group purchase. Hell, I don't even have a damn car for the thing.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

In all reality neither do I, I just have a mass of very expensive parts collecting dust in various places
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member
    does it have a playback feature or way to datalog the fuel curve? i see it has a record button what does that do?

Senior SCH Member
    Yeah, you can datalog up to 6 channels I believe. Each channel is sampled 12 times a second up to 44 mins. I am assuming you get 44 mins of sampling time for one channel and each channel you add divide 44 by the number of channels.

I would be interested in a group purchase.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

There was a group purchase organized on another forum. The pricing below was what was quoted by Innovate Motorsports

5+ Units
    $334.00 (Savings of $15.00)
    Free UPS Ground Shipping Included (Savings of $10.00)
    Total Savings of $25.00!

10+ Units
    $324.00 (Savings of $25.00)
    Free UPS Ground Shipping Included (Savings of $10.00)
    Total Savings of $35.00!

As for the datalogging record feature, it works as follows according to my manual:You can view the manual in HTML format HERE

"The LM-1 has the capability to record other vehicle data from other vehicle sensors while driving so as to compile a complete log of engine data. The AUX input connector of the LM-1 allows connecting up to 5 other sensors to the LM-1 whose data values will be recorded. The optional AUX sensor cable for the LM-1 plugs into the side of the LM-1 instrument and has 5 clips to hook up to the other sensors. "

In other words 6 channels of info can be logged: A/F ratio + 5 others. Read on...

"The LM-1 simply records the voltage on each input connection with a resolution of 10 bits (a precision of 0.00488 Volt). LM-1 will record up to 44 minutes of data from all sensors including lambda. A new value for each sensor is recorded every 0.08125 seconds (roughly 12 times/second). The recorded data can be later downloaded into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet or graphed and analyzed by the included software."

In other words..PRETTY DAMN SWEET!:D

Here are some of the auxilary input cable solutions Innovate will have available:

LM-1 Auxiliary Input Solutions

There are three auxiliary input solutions coming soon for the LM-1:

• Auxiliary Input Cable #1 has 6 screw connectors at one end and a Mini-DIN 7 plug at the other end (connects to the LM-1). The 6 screw connectors are for the five auxiliary inputs and the sixth one is ground. This cable is slated to be available by August 15th, and is targeted to sell for apprx. $25 (subject to final product release).

• Auxiliary Input Cable #2 is identical to the standard auxiliary input cable, except that it includes a circuit for capturing RPM with inductive pickup from Cyl. 1 spark plug wire (0-10,230 RPM). This cable is slated to be available by September 15th, and is targeted to sell for apprx. $99 (subject to final product release).

• Auxiliary Input Cable #3 (The "AuxBox" Expander) contains four sensors and converters:

1. RPM with inductive pickup from Cyl. 1 spark plug wire (0-10,230 RPM)
    2. Thermocouple input for Type K thermocouple wire
    3. Dwell Meter (0..100%) for Ignition dwell or Injector Timing
    4. Absolute Pressure Transducer with variable range (0..14.5 PSI or 0..29.5 PSI).

In addition it has a Mini-DIN7 socket for the Aux Cable #1 for those inputs not used or switched of in the AuxBox. This cable is slated to be available by October 15th, and is targeted to sell for apprx. $199 (subject to final product release).

Senior SCH Member
    sounds really nice

/me starts saving pennies