Thread: Fuel pump ?

Senior SCH Member

Fuel pump ?

I'm currently running a 190lph fuel pump, with 42lbs injectors, and an adjustable fpr, is the 190lph pump going to supply enough fuel.

thanks, Rusty

whats your combo? you may want install a T-rex or a walbro inline also.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    I have preformer rpm heads gt-40 intake, e-303 10:00 comp, forged pistions, novi 1000, 8" crank pulley, powerpipe, 75mm pro-m mas, 70mm t-body

with 10:1 you're gonna need alot of fuel and and to take some timing away. definetly would get another pump if it was me but my 255 is holding it's own. with some timing and race gas that should be a beast with that compression.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

the only way you'll know 100% is on a dyno

Senior SCH Member
    How much timing do you think I'm going to need to run, which fuel additives are you( or do you know of any that seem to be good), I have been checking out racefuels.com. do you think the 255lph will support it?

Thanks, Rusty

Senior SCH Member
    haveing the car dyno'ed is the prolobem, there is no place to get my car dyno'ed.

thanks, rusty

Rusty,

I haven't heard of any fuel additives that i would try in my car. My 255 does a great job so i would say yes. But you can get the inline for about the same price and have all kinds of headroom as far as thats concerned. Timing is one of those things where you just have to see what you can get away with. With my Novi 1000,8" Crank and power pipe i have mine @ 8* or 24* total and i consider that fairly aggresive with no retard device.

Senior SCH Member
    I'll probally just get a 255lph in-tank fuel pump, and not bother with a in-line fuel pump. I thought of getting a retard device but all i have heard is complaints with them or they just don't last.
    thanks, for the info

Rusty

i don't care for the BTM but thier are some nice piece's out there.

Senior SCH Member
    who makes the best device, and where can I get the best price on a 255lph fuel pump?

thanks

Crane makes a really nice one from what i've heard. You can get the 255 pretty reasonable just about anywhere. Muscle Motors is about the cheapest place for just about everything i can think of.

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks for all of your help and info, I'll see you guys later!

thanks, rusty