Thread: Please analyze dyno graphs...

Junior SCH Member

Please analyze dyno graphs...

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if maybe you guys could help me with my car.
    It runs great, but at the last dyno the graphs were a little rough.
    I have a P1SC and intercooler, Morpheus Perf pipe, Autolite 764's gapped at .030, Spintech exhaust(2.5 inch) with catted x, stock tailpipes, 03 cobra tank and pump, 42's, 80 LMAF, JMS chip.

I originally used NGK TR6's, but a buddy had blowout with those and the autolite solved his problems. So i tried them too as I was having similar problems. The car used to just flatline at 5K. Now it pulls hard all the way thru. But my graphs still dont look right. There is a big dip in power that I'm not sure what is causing it.

I am running a JMS mail order chip with 12 degrees max timing to make the power in my signature. I see 13 psi max at redline, 12 psi at peak power.

Anyone else had graphs that turned out like this, especially 4V cobra guys? I was thinking maybe some Denso Iridiums might help. Any suggestions.

Thanks
    Brad
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2001 Cobra Vert.
    P1SC, 3-Core I/C, Spintech Exhaust

455rwhp/441rwtq 13 psi, 11* total, pegging MAF.

SCH Member
    Dear Wicked:
    There a few things on your dyno run:
    a) why your torque is less than the HP?.....do you have any mods to the engine? or you run a stock engine?
    b) ideal A/F for supercharger aplications are about 11:1, you can see it on the Graph, when it gets near the ideaal A/F the HP and torque go very nice and smoth
    c) But when you get to almost peak RPM there sure is a problem, your problem is IGNITION related, you need to get a better system, something like the MSD7 ( I guess you ignition system is DIS type). and have a more powerfull firing at peak RPM.
    I hope my humble suggestions would help you out.
    take care
    pablo

Sorry off topic here, Morpheus makes a power pipe to fit your cobra? can you post a pic? I am looking for a chromed pipe to go from my fenderwell IC pipe, to my accufab single blade TB, so far I have bought a BBK intake, it will work, but I like the look of the M pipes I have seen - care to ehlp me out....please? And as far as your dyno goes, I would say you have plenty of fuel and air, like Pablo said, increase your spark, at higher psi it makes a big diff! I have the msd 4AL unit with coil blasters and accel coil packs - tons of spark at 6500rpms!! Thanks - stevet
    1998 S/C'ed cobra coupe - laser red and somewhere in the great state of Tejas.....442rwhp/410rwtq dyno tuned

Junior SCH Member
    the Kenne Bell BAS cured all my blowout problems. I can gap to .035 now - stock ignition...Just a thought

peace
    Tuned by FordChip

501.9RWHP, 421RWTQ @ 6500rpm (out of fuel)

Custom 8-Rib Pulley system by Mike Dez Racing

D1SC and some other stuff

I don't know... it seems to me that your mail order chip is your problem. I can't see the picture (it isn't working for me even if I try downloading it), but from the sounds of it, your a/f is off and as any mail order chip, they pull timing up top to ensure that your motor doesn't blow up on their tab. I would have a good local tuner look at it and do a custom tune on it, it is amazing the difference that can be made. Don't waist your money on the denso's.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net