Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Vortech At Sema?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Vortech At Sema?

Junior SCH Member

New Vortech At Sema?

i was just wondering if anyone else has heard about this, i know they have the ysi which is an upgrade for the ys trim already. but has anyone else heard anything about this new supercharger. its supposed to be just as street friendly as the ys, yet blow the ys out of the water.

Junior SCH Member
    anybody know anything? i guess i'll have to wait a couple weeks and find out for myself

The YSI is the latest that I have heard of. I was at Bowling Green and did not hear anything.
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Brcuda
    The YSI is the latest that I have heard of. I was at Bowling Green and did not hear anything.

i talked to someone at anderson and they said to wait on buying the ysi because there was a new blower coming out the first week in november. its supposed to flow a lot more air than the ysi but not be as STRICTLY DRAG as the x and xx.

i hope its true

Junior SCH Member

Undfortunately fellas...q

This is NOT true. While we are working on a new line of superchargers (Strictly race oriented) there will not be any new, crazy, off the hook blowers at SEMA. The YSi is currently the MOST POWERFUL and MOST DURABLE...STREET ...blower available from Vortech and will remain that way well into November and probably even December. Sorry guys.

~R.

Junior SCH Member

Re: Undfortunately fellas...q

Originally posted by n2boost
    This is NOT true. While we are working on a new line of superchargers (Strictly race oriented) there will not be any new, crazy, off the hook blowers at SEMA. The YSi is currently the MOST POWERFUL and MOST DURABLE...STREET ...blower available from Vortech and will remain that way well into November and probably even December. Sorry guys.

~R.

thank you for clearing that up, i guess its back to the ys for me.....ysi that is

Senior SCH Member

Re: Undfortunately fellas...q

and will remain that way well into November and probably even December. Sorry guys.

~R.
    So that doesn't rule out a new higher-performance street supercharger in the not-so-distant future?

BTW - I REALLY want a YSI with a curved discharge. I know you guys are thinking about it so DO IT! I will buy one (or send in my YS for the upgrade that is....)

Junior SCH Member

No problem...

What kind of performance levels are you guys looking to acheive and what are your concerns w/ the current/ existing units in our line-up?
    The reason I ask is because maybe if you tell me of what your expectations are...then I may be able to give you some insight as to whether we can accomodate with existing or (maybe) potentially w/ future releases.
    I don't know whether or not you guys have seen any of the new numbers being generated by some of the NMRA and PRO series racers but the YSi compressor has been very well received so far and the performances of those now using the YSi instead of the YS has stepped up considerably.

itlkick:

Like I said before. Indeed we are working on a new line of blowers. The 1st one is already completed & is directed more toward the Outlaw and Pro level cars. As most of you prolly know, we have not been competing at that level for about 3 years now. Right behind that will most likely be another Renegade sized blower with flow capabilities similar to the current YSi platform.

The new technology that we are using for our next generation gearcases (blower transmissions) is highly advanced and while being more race oriented... should not pose any problems if used on the street. Testing will obviously tell more. Hope this helps.

Oh yeah BTW: We have definitely entertained the prospect of a curved discharge YSi. Test results show that there is a fair chance that we will release it in that config. The kicker? I just don't have an exact date as to when. If you want to help it along maybe you should round up a group of guys that you know for sure would be interested in it and shoot me an e-mail or have all of them shoot me one. I already know of a couple of other guys are asking about it as well. Take care.

~R

Senior SCH Member

Re: No problem...

What kind of performance levels are you guys looking to acheive and what are your concerns w/ the current/ existing units in our line-up?
    I am at/near the 1,000 hp limit with the YS trim now and would like to go a little further. The problem is I won't remove air conditioning or power steering. The things that are important to me (not in order)

1 - Strong enough to handle cog-pulleys without any worries
    2 - Passenger side mount
    3 - Efficient (less heat generated by compression)
    4 - Airflow
    5 - Quiet (I don't like noisy blowers)

My current YS is awesome. Who would believe that you could build a 1,000 hp car that still has PS, PB, AC, Etc. and is driven regularly? I did the Hot Rod Power Tour last year and will again this year - with a car that can pull 900+HP at each stop on the dyno. I give Vortech kudos’ for that. My problem is I want to go a little further. I realize that you always have to make some sort of compromise but getting rid of the amenities is not an option for me. I can't believe I am the only one who feels that way. Passenger side mount is very important to me.

FYI - My progression through the supercharger market has been Powerdyne (started at 6psi - 13 psi), S-Trim, T-Trim, and now the YS-Trim. I have already sent my YS back in for one rebuild (forgot to tighten the blower pulley and damaged the front bearings). The fact is I drive A LOT and need the durability. So far the YS kicks some serious butt - but I want more.....

Hope that helps!

Junior SCH Member

Re: No problem...

n2boost:

i am at the same 950hp level, i have the ys, and bought an x, but what i have heard about the x's lower rpm (6500+under) power made me think twice and sold it. the car will be finished in january, and i would like to get it dyno tuned and ready. is there any date (ballpark) that you can give me on the NEW renegade blower, or any more info on the supercharger itself.

i think what both of us are looking for is a blower thats identical to the ys+ysi, in the form of rpm range and boost characterisitics, but with more POWER. it sounds like the new renegade supercharger is the way to go, but the big question is WHEN?

thanks

red95gt

Junior SCH Member

Hey Guys...

I haven't forgotten about you I am just slammed trying to get ready for the SEMA show in Las Vegas. I definitely will respond to your inquiries as soon as I get a few minutes to myself. Need to try and find my brain 1st. LOL Catch up w/ you soon.

~R

SCH Member

re blowers from vortech

N2BOOST Ithink vortech instead of coming out with a new blower should think about fixing the currant gearcase crap they got these 2 dollar crap bearings you put in these unit suck!! an outer steel housing with steel balls with a plastic center,when taking these units apart these bearing litery fall apart in your hands,try using a higher quality bearing for one as procharger does,us guys(working class) can't afford these units failing and you (at vortech)tell us that you must have injested something into the inlet thats why the units has failed,you know thats complete BS after all these units are 1500 and up us dollars,the bearing is the weakest link,once these bearings fail the gearcase housing is scrap as the housing is not true anymore.don't get me wrong as I still have vortechs on sveral of my cars, just that some reinovation is need here.

dude..

bedore you go slamming the man,get your facts straight!thats what the new units are!completely redesigned gear cases!thats the whole purpose

dale
    dale@swillracing

own3d. nice to see you guys around dale, I've always enjoyed your car and site. :)
    90 strawberry coupe

Senior SCH Member
    The new Gear cases are bad ***, I saw it this past weekend, and Vortech put alot of time and money in developing it. I cant wait to get one.
    Spence

8.96/160