Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
first time at the track for MSM69Z28

Thread: first time at the track for MSM69Z28

Junior SCH Member

first time at the track for MSM69Z28

well, last night was the first night i took my combo to the track. most of you know the combo but here is a short breakdown. all the mods are listed on my web site.

69 z28
    383 forged SBC 8:1
    D1 procharger
    vortech carb box
    3 core intercooler
    x2c tremec tko and 3.73's

unfortunately, i have no cage and drum brakes still so i was a bit hesitant to unload on it till i got used to the speed on the top end. it wasn't easy stopping this machine before the end of the road, but it managed. in n/a form the car went 12.3 @ 109mph

i do have video and will upload it soon. the starting line vid looks good, but it gets real blurry at the end. :-(

first pass i did too small of a burn out and the car spun the tires just as bad as they do on the street. it didn't hook hard till i hit 3rd gear.

60' 2.520
    1/8mph 98.3
    ET 12.69
    1/4mph 124.81

second pass, i heated up the tires twice as long and let out a few pounds of pressure down. the traction was definately better off the line. on the first launch, it spun so bad off the line, i eased out the hole a little too soft. it was ending up to be a decent run though, but i did something stupid. i forgot to turn on the water pump and fan. towards the end of the run, i thought i heard some detonation and backed off. my temp gauge was over 210. this was all done on 94 octane.

60' 1.92
    1/8mph 100.1
    ET 11.52
    1/4mph 122.4

the 1/8mph was up almost 2 mph. that should have resulted in almost 4 mph (over the first run) at the end of the 1/4. that should have put me near 128+mph.

the track was crowded, but i had time for one more pass. i burned out hard, and the tires barreled the smoke this time. after the second run's launch held down much better than the first, i was going to come out harder. the launch rpm was still only about 3000 though.

unfortunately, the tires grabbed a little too hard i think!! right on the launch, i busted my right rear axle. luckily, no other damage. since this is a STREET CAR, i had no trailer, and had to call a flatbed. :-( insurance will cover it though. somehow, this car seems to find the weakest link evertime. first it was the muncie, now the rear end.

ohh well, next year. the car was running pretty fat on purpose so i know there is still more in the tune. its weights 3550 with me in it and i pretty confident it will go 10's at 130mph+ when i get the tune and launch down better.

any thoughts.

later,

mike

www.msm.cz28.com
    www.BoostedHorsepower.com

69 Camaro Z28
    383 D1 Procharger
    Procharger Sheet Metal Intercooler
    750 cfm 4150
    Extreme Velocity Carb Hat
    Trick Flow Aluminum Heads
    Edelbrock Super Victor Intake
    Crower Solid Roller Cam
    X2CMotorsports Tremec TKO TransTKO

Hey Mike,

Not to bad at all - there is alot left in that car. You need to get that 60 down to 1.5-1.4..What sort of suspension do you have?

Upload the vid when you can.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    stock 12 bolt with air shocks and mono leaf springs.
    www.BoostedHorsepower.com

69 Camaro Z28
    383 D1 Procharger
    Procharger Sheet Metal Intercooler
    750 cfm 4150
    Extreme Velocity Carb Hat
    Trick Flow Aluminum Heads
    Edelbrock Super Victor Intake
    Crower Solid Roller Cam
    X2CMotorsports Tremec TKO TransTKO