Thread: 342 w/novi 2000 pics posted

Junior SCH Member

342 w/novi 2000 pics posted

http://impurity.org/gallery/stang

more pics on the way, I should have taken more during the building of everything, but its hard to take pics when you're workin on things :) So now I've got pics of the very first day of building the engine and the last day of putting the blower on :p
    enjoy.

john

Glad to see you got it all to fit. Did you attempt it with the stock fan and shroud? I have the same rad and it doesn't appear like either are going to fit.
    Mods Pics
    13.18 @ 106.09 mph pre-blower
    Novi 2000 whistling under the hood

Junior SCH Member
    No, we ditched the stock fan when we built the motor originally, and used a black magic and the motorsport aluminum rad, but there was no way the blower pulley was going to fit, so I knew I had to get a lower profile fan, but the lowest profile fan I could find was 26.5" across, so I had to get the griffin 31x19" radiator :P

According to the novi instructions, it will work with the stock fan and shroud though, you just need a stock depth radiator to go with it.

This combo keeps it as cold as I want it to be, although it was a chore to get everything in there. You'll have to modify the upper radiator outlet to clear the blower pulley, and I'd recommend getting a draincock and tapping one of the tanks with it, pulling off the lower radiator hose is a pain.

Some other people have used the ramchargers dual fan setup, which is a lot cheaper than the flex-a-lite, you might want to consider that with the radiator

Junior SCH Member
    what did the belt routing look like on yours....i am doing the exact same thing and can't "see" what it will look like....

Mine is carb'd though, sportsman block, AFR 205's, 750 Race Demon ect. I will be running the alt, and pwr steering pump.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Looks good. I've been looking for a better radiator and fan combo that will clear my blower belt and crank pulley. I think I will go a similar route :D
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

Junior SCH Member
    that romac balancer you used....is that the one with the long snout for blowers?, is so, where did you get it?