Thread: New User; about to purchase a novi 1k

Junior SCH Member

New User; about to purchase a novi 1k

I am about to purchase a novi 1k, and I need to know everything that I need to purchase so i can run 12lbs of boost. I keep on seeing different post about the novi 1k with a single belt, and also with a dual belt. What is the current setup. I am going to purchase one from superchargers4less for 1640. Does anyone know where i can get one for less? Or possibly a novi 2k for a little over 2k? thanks for the info.

Your gonna be getting the revised Novi with the seperate blower belt.
    You will need an 8" crank, power pipe and a 3.25 blower pulley to reach the 12lbs which will reduce your 3 year warrenty to 1 year. With the 8" crank and a powerpipe you will see 8-10 with that set up and your not voiding your 3 year warrenty.
    You will need a bypass valve and more fuel for the extra boost.
    I'd recomend 42lb injectors/ fuel pump and a tune. Or a bigger FMU (your coice) perferably with the pump and tune too.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Junior SCH Member
    i keep on hearing about people getting the 8 inch pulley of from a truck, but im not sure what they are talking about. Or should i just order the pulley from asp? thanks

also where would i get the bypass valve from. Why do people use bypass valves on a supercharge, but not a blow off valve. Could i run either if i wanted too?

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    Originally posted by aaskia
    i keep on hearing about people getting the 8 inch pulley of from a truck, but im not sure what they are talking about. Or should i just order the pulley from asp? thanks

also where would i get the bypass valve from. Why do people use bypass valves on a supercharge, but not a blow off valve. Could i run either if i wanted too?
    !st-You will have to get a pulley from ASP , you can't use a F150 pulley unless you get a used kit. all new kits use 2 belts. 2nd- Order a by-pass for a 2000 Saab S-4 Turbo 3rd- A by-pass valve is used to re-direct boosted air after the throttle blades are quickly closed and to also assist in part throttle driveability 4th- You can't use a blow-off valve on Fords EEC-4 because you will be venting metered air that has already been introduced past the MAF meter into the atmosphere 5th- NO ,you can't run either. Only a by-pass with stock electronics.
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)