Thread: New owner to a p600

Junior SCH Member

New owner to a p600

New to the boards and I just bought a p600 off of a guy on corral.net for $1400. All it needs is the mounting bracket. A buddy of mines brother works for procharger here in town and hes gonna get me one for cheap if not free. So thats gonna be a hook up. First question is how hard is it to install this kit to someone thats never installed one before. I've helped my buddy with his single turbo rx-7 so i know some basics. How long should it take me. And last, does anyone have pics of their install and any input on struggles I may run into. Thanks a bunch.

Jeremy

Senior SCH Member
    I think they say 10-12 hours. give or take
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Junior SCH Member
    So its more time consuming than difficult. Should I have any problems with installing it on a weekend? Don't I have to take off the front bumper and lights and everything? Thanks

Jeremy

Senior SCH Member
    I never put one on an older mustang. I have a 94 mustang, I think the lx with horizontal mounted intercoolers you dont have to. I think the hardest part is going to be mounting the brackets and punching the oil pan
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Re: New owner to a p600

Originally posted by DARK-5.0
    New to the boards and I just bought a p600 off of a guy on corral.net for $1400. All it needs is the mounting bracket. A buddy of mines brother works for procharger here in town and hes gonna get me one for cheap if not free. So thats gonna be a hook up. First question is how hard is it to install this kit to someone thats never installed one before. I've helped my buddy with his single turbo rx-7 so i know some basics. How long should it take me. And last, does anyone have pics of their install and any input on struggles I may run into. Thanks a bunch.

Jeremy
    They are not that bad to get installed, mostly a lot of tweeking time to get all of the pipes/connectors/blower/etc. to line up and fit together correctly. Is this on a fox or an SN95 stang? I don't know about the IC install on a fox, on an sn95 you have enough room between the radiator and the bumper cover to slide either the 2 core, or 3 core up into place, no need to remove anything off the front of the car. On a 94-95 you have to relocate the battery to the trunk, since you need that space for the blower, on a 96-98 the blower is mounted on the pass side of the engine, so it reallyl depends on the application. I would say 10-12 hrs is about right, but can vary greatly .... main thing is to take your time, do it right the first time and for sure, follow the instructions if this is your first time installing a blower or turbo!
    Good luck - stevet
    1998 S/C'ed cobra coupe - laser red and somewhere in the great state of Tejas.....442rwhp/410rwtq dyno tuned

Junior SCH Member
    This is for my 94 GT. How can i punch the oil pan without getting metal shaving into the pan. Is there a special way of doing it. I have to change the oil pretty soon so i suppose i could just drain it when i was done and then take the pan off and whip it clean. Is there any other way of doing it. Thanks for your help guys, feel free to add anymore info you've got. Pics?

Jeremy

Junior SCH Member
    For the oil pan, start off with a small punch and work your way up to a bigger one once you get a small hole going. Dont use a drill, and change you oil after you punch the pan just to be safe. Me and a friend who installed this kit a few times before did it all in one day.. from morning till night, very few breaks, but we also installed injectors and gauges and a msd. I dont know if your installing an intercooler or not but most likely you are, you will have to remove the wheel well covers and even cut them a little to get the tubing to fit in there.. well at least I had too... mounting the intercooler will take some time too but putting on the brackets are pretty easy. I think the most time consuming part of it is getting the all the tubing together and getting the blower lined up and good. Check out my link to car domain if you want to see pics. take care and good luck.
    1990 GT - ATI p600b with 3/core IC, Edelbrock 60379's, Trickflow Streetheat, F303 cam, crane 1.7's, 70mm TB/EGR, Romac dampner, T5z, 3.73's w/posi, uneq. shortys, o/r h-pipe, flow cat-back, MSD 6al, msd tfi coil, 75mm Pro-m, Kirban AFPR, 36 lbs. inj, dual 255lph, 3-core HD radiator, eletric fan, BFG drag radials, boost/fuel pressure gauges, sub-frames, alum. DS, steeda springs, tokico premiums, pro3i lc arms.. lots more..
    -450RWHP / 443RWTQ - 12 Lbs of boost
    My car on cardomain.com

Junior SCH Member
    Emilio Valdez
    Founder/President
    www.wickedstangs.com
    1994 GT (Drag Car) http://www.wickedstangs.com/WSR/BlueStreak.html
    2001 Cobra Laser Red #2132 of 3867 Build Date 07/18/2001
    2003 Cobra Red Fire #**** of **** Build Date 09/16/2002
    2003 Lightning Black #2013 of 4270
    Build date 02/27/2003
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja

Re: New owner to a p600

Originally posted by DARK-5.0
    A buddy of mines brother works for procharger here in town and hes gonna get me one for cheap if not free. So thats gonna be a hook up.
    Jeremy
    Hey, you're local:D

J