Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hey guys! what do you have for your shocks/struts???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys! what do you have for your shocks/struts???

Hey guys! what do you have for your shocks/struts???

I'm in the process of setting up my suspension. Now in a few weeks I am going to buy some rear adjustable shocks, and front adjustable struts.

I was just curious as of what everyone else is using and how well they are working..

I was considering the QA1..

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

Rear: JDs rear coil overs with 50/50's
    Front: JDs front coil overs with KYB adjustables

I really like the features of the coil overs...

Ian

Old school Lakewood 90-10's and stock springs up front and 50-50's in the rear w/ stock springs.

I plan on at least swapping in some 4cyl springs for the front & cut maybe 1/2-1 coil outta the rear.

Rusty ones
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

rusty ones :) yeah that would make the car squat, but I am reading baselinesuspensions.com that tells about anti-squat :)

I am trying to adjust the pinion angle with my upper control arms but no matter if I extend them to 8" or lower them to 6" the pinion angle is still 0* wtf is with that?

Ian: the coil overs look like they may be difficult to install! Are they? Like is there any welding involved or does it all work off of the factory brackets?
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

D&D motorsports front coil overs with Lakewood 90/10's
    D&D Motorsports rear coil overs with Lakewood 50/50's

They work well enough for 1.5 sixty foots on the motor. I'm hoping to run some high 1.3's-low 1.4's on the juice this weekend
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Senior SCH Member
    I just ditched the Bilsteins for the Koni D/As.

Doug, you going to ffw on the 1st at lacr?

Yea, I'll be there on Saturday night and Sunday. I wanted to run, but my asst. manager had a heart attack. So now I have to stay here and run the shop:( .

BTW
    He's OK though
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

<---------Corner carver

I run Koni Yellows
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

i have a street handling set up but really want to switch to drag now. my suspension is in my sig. i need traction bad.......i love the lowered look but would kill for some decent weight transfer.......
    -justin

DSS 306, S-trim, TFS trackheats, TFS trackheat intake, TFS stg 1 cam, Tremec....tons of cooling, suspension, exhaust, ignition, fuel & tuning parts that would take up too much space!

while on the subject, how is it that i see lowered drag stangs that sit as low as me but have awsome transfer? do they use cut 4 cyl springs with drag strut/shock combos or what? probably full coilover setups right?

think i could keep the rear springs, add "cut" 4 cyl springs to the front & replace the shocks/struts with drag units to keep the same sweet stance yet hook much better?

thanx

Originally posted by mygt8a4re
    while on the subject, how is it that i see lowered drag stangs that sit as low as me but have awsome transfer? do they use cut 4 cyl springs with drag strut/shock combos or what? probably full coilover setups right?

think i could keep the rear springs, add "cut" 4 cyl springs to the front & replace the shocks/struts with drag units to keep the same sweet stance yet hook much better?

thanx
    Chances are it's a coil over set up. Also, the valving of the shocks and struts play a big roll in allowing for weight transfer. There are some drag springs out there, but I don't know of any that give a real nice low stance.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

any chance the deal i mentioned above would work?

"think i could keep the rear springs, add "cut" 4 cyl springs to the front & replace the shocks/struts with drag units to keep the same sweet stance yet hook much better?

thanx"
    -justin

DSS 306, S-trim, TFS trackheats, TFS trackheat intake, TFS stg 1 cam, Tremec....tons of cooling, suspension, exhaust, ignition, fuel & tuning parts that would take up too much space!

I've heard of guys that cut one coil out of the 4 popper springs. If mine looks like a 4X4 i might try it.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D