Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hey guys! what do you have for your shocks/struts??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys! what do you have for your shocks/struts???

Hey guys I think I am going to go with the coil over conversion. I already picked out what to buy for the front.. Just not sure for the rear still looking around...

I just have a question. Check out the Proma Star coil-over shock

How does this look for a coil over for the rear?

Front:
    QA1 adjustable front strut $215.95
    QA1 coil over conversion $169.95

what do you guys think...

Thanks
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

sounds like a good set up mark, sorry ddint mean to take over your thread, just had a few Q's of my own on the subject!

brent, ive heard that the 4cyl springs make the fox stang sit 1.5" lower than stock & ive hear they cuse the fox stang to sit too high & need cut, cant get any straight answers....mabey ill just get some duble adj uppers & drag shock/struts to see what happens & decide on springs later.....

-justin

i'll let you know for sure after christmas LOL season's pretty much over here. I went to the strip tonite and it was so cold i had leave early. I never leave early!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

sounds good brent, i may have somthing put together by then. were just getting into good track weather here in south florida. next month will be even better in the evenings.......

i have a question for you guys. the 50/50 rear shocks have to be very similiar to the shocks i currently have in the rear now. what would you guys consider the ratio would be on aftermarket tokico premium(non adj) shocks? somewhere aroun 40/60 or so right? that should really help hit the rear tires with 90/10's up front i would think. even with limited travel from my lowering springs up front.....hehe, im driving myself crazy with no experience on these drag components......

thanx,
    -justin

oh, another question, i kept meaining to add this since the first response i posted: where do i get one of those pinion angle degree finders/guages?

thanx again

I have one a baught it at a hardware store for $11.70
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...

hardware store? i could see one found at an autoparts stoe but a hardware store sounds odd, must have another use for it, ill have a look around...was it called "pinion angle finder"?
    thanx,
    -justin

I forget what it is called I threw out the raping. It is a 4x4 square 3/4" thick, and there is a 3" circle in the middle 360*

I went in the store and asked a person if they have a angle finder and I described it for them. They told me I know exactly what your talking about. He just wasn't sure if they had it and well they did.

I also described what I was doing with it.
    Mark
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...

apprecate the help mark, ill check a few local hardware stores....

thanx,
    -justin

My front end on my old 86 5.0 was lowered almost an inch when I swapped in 4 banger springs.

hey mark, what ddi you decide on? get anything yet?

i just got some 'ol 90/10's & 4banger springs for the front. i kept it cheap. too many dang "house projects" needed before i go buying more expensive parts.........

-justin

Yeah justin, I baught the QA-1 Struts, and the QA-1 coil over conversion with the 14" 175lb springs for the front from summit came to $638.30 :) ouch

I installed it on friday and I adjusted it as much as I could by hand and it isn't near high enough. The struts bottom out. So I baught a Spanner Wrench which will be here tomarrow.

If Interested in the QA-1:

Now I called QA-1 about the rear conversion. If they had any. They re-directed me to another company who makes a kit for mustangs with qa-1 coil overs and the kit is $500 "everything" Throw it in and go. Auto Fab Race Cars (410)- 796-8777

I spoke with them on the phone and they are really nice people. I told him everything I am doing, and he said it's awsome. He has a camaro that they test all of the new products on. He said it his car is mid 11's and that suspension kit they make really help out the 60'

I am going to order that from them after I adjust the front springs..

Hey btw... how'd you make out on the angle finder? Did you use it? Kevin from baselinesuspensions.com told me to set my pinion angle at 3* The tip of the rear were it meets the driveshaft is facing up 3*. I got the angle off of the crank which was If I remember was 6*

The web page says take the difference from that and the rear well.... My rear was 0* and the crank was 6*. I talked to him via email and he said to make it 3*. Alot of people want the difference to be either 3*, or 4* so 6-3 = 3 :)
    Last edited by mheinjr; 11-03-2003 at 06:15 PM.
    Mark
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...

thanx for the info mark, cant wait to hear te results from the kit! ive heard nothing bu things about those kits!

yeah i read the info on finding the pinion angle at baselinesuspensions previousy.....im a tad confused though, you set the rear at positive 3*? i thought you would want neg(-) 3* so when you hammer it the rearend rotates to approx "0"(+/- 1/2*)? mabey im wrong, unless you meant that you set it to -3*........... a local buddy of mine actually had an angle finder that i could borrow anytime, helps to ask around, lol!

-justin

hehe, funny thing just happened. i talked with the guy that i bought the 90/10 struts from & he offered me his front UPR coil-over setup with QA1~ 130# springs for $70 shipped, cant beat that!......i jumped on it......guess it is possible to do a good budget drag setup.........got some 4banger springs for sale now, lol!

-justin

I'm running 4 cyl springs front and rear. Front springs have 1 coil cut off. Also have the Tokico 5-way adjustable drag struts up front with Lakewood 50/50's in the rear. Lower control arms are Lakewood, uppers are the Jegsters with the relocater brackets. Gonna switch to stock replacement rear shocks soon. Haven't been able to test out the suspension yet.