Thread: I just bought a used P600B

Junior SCH Member

I just bought a used P600B

It has a 12 rib pulley setup that was making 14psi. on a 408(with aluminum race heads and a 650 lift solid roller cam) non-intercooled.I'm kinda wondering what kind of boost i should see on my setup-351w with AFR 185s,Comp's XE264HR cam(.512 lift),and possibly a Powerstroke diesel intercooler.I would like to be able to run my truck on 92 octane gas.I'm thinking the current setup might be a bit much.What size pulley's should i get?

I am also wondering what i should do about the fuel system.right now my truck has the stock 19# injectors.I'm thinking i should upgrade to 42#er's does that sound about right?I purchased a Vortech T-rex inline fuel pump(255lph) i'm going to be running along with the stock in tank pump.I also have an FMU if needed.

This is my first time ever running a blower and i really don't know what i'm doing.Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks

-Matt
    95 Ford Lightning
    AFR 185 heads with 1.6 DSS RR,Comp cams FW XE264HR-14 ,Pickrel exhaust with long tube headers,BFG drag radials,Factory tech shift kit,Navi convertor
    Best time 13.957 at 94.89mph N/A

Lightning force 1/2 drop and Ranchos,T-rex inline pump,P-600B,PSD intercooler

SCH Member
    i have an intercooler and some 42#ers i will trade you for some 72#ers if you can find some. ken
    I can't hear you scream over my D1SC!!!!!!!!!
    PICS COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!
    DSS super pro bullet 308
    D1SC pullied for 14# Intercooled
    80 mm Univer
    75mm Edelbrock T/B
    Trick Flow Track Heat Upper/Lower
    Twisted Wedge heads
    42# injectors/ no fmu/ PMS
    MSD Digital 6
    Flowtech Inductions- Ed Curtis Custom Cam
    ProMotion TKO and beyond.
    Steeda upper/lower control arms and anti roll bar
    Bullet Racing 6 pt Chrome moly roll cage
    Eaton Race Diff with 31 spline Moser Axles

Junior SCH Member
    I'll keep an eye out for some 72's.What type of intercooler is it?

Does anyone know a good site to buy pulleys at?
    95 Ford Lightning
    AFR 185 heads with 1.6 DSS RR,Comp cams FW XE264HR-14 ,Pickrel exhaust with long tube headers,BFG drag radials,Factory tech shift kit,Navi convertor

Senior SCH Member
    On my 351 with canfield heads,trickflow intake and comp cam (533,544 lift). I only see 9 pounds
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Junior SCH Member
    i have the p600b with a supposedly 17lbs pulley (i think its 2.75inch pulley w/stock crank pulley size, cant remember for sure), you can get them from ATI, plus i have a 3 core intercooler and the most I've seen about 12 lbs of boost. Then again I've never gone above 5600 rpm so there's more boost left but as far as what youll see.. probably around 10-12 lbs through an intercooler. I've heard that you loose between 2-3 lbs of boost through an intercooler. As for the fuel system, lots of people are running 42 lbrs with no FMU and an upgraded intank and inline pump. I'm was runnin 36 lbrs, no fmu, 255 intank with the p600b and my old stock 302, but now with my new motor I'm putting in a inline pump too and waiting to get it dyno tuned. I would recommend getting yours tuned too to make sure you dont lean out the motor. Hope that helped.
    1990 GT - ATI p600b with 3/core IC, Edelbrock 60379's, Trickflow Streetheat, F303 cam, crane 1.7's, 70mm TB/EGR, Romac dampner, T5z, 3.73's w/posi, uneq. shortys, o/r h-pipe, flow cat-back, MSD 6al, msd tfi coil, 75mm Pro-m, Kirban AFPR, 36 lbs. inj, dual 255lph, 3-core HD radiator, eletric fan, BFG drag radials, boost/fuel pressure gauges, sub-frames, alum. DS, steeda springs, tokico premiums, pro3i lc arms.. lots more..
    -450RWHP / 443RWTQ - 12 Lbs of boost
    My car on cardomain.com

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by blownwindsor
    On my 351 with canfield heads,trickflow intake and comp cam (533,544 lift). I only see 9 pounds
    Do you have an intercooler?What size pulley's are you running?
    95 Ford Lightning

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by K.C.90gt
    Hope that helped.
    Thanks that sounds like the same pulley setup i'm running.Whats the next size bigger pulley Procharger makes?
    95 Ford Lightning