Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
compression ratio

Thread: compression ratio

Senior SCH Member

compression ratio

does anyone have any clue as to what kind of compression i'll be running with the summit federal mogul rebuild kit? it says that it is 10.13:1 with 58.2cc heads. the heads that i'll be using are 351w dooe heads which are 60cc chambers. the heads have also been trued/decked. anyone have any ideas?

If you are sure that the heas are 60cc. Then your compression will still be 9.9-1 t0 10-1.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Senior SCH Member
    do you think that will be to high with having the supercharger? i'm running 9lbs.

As long as you run good gas(104 or better) and run no more than 24 degrees total timing. You should be fine.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Senior SCH Member
    what would be the best way to control my total timing till i get it tuned. could i jus unplug the spout connector and set it like that for now?

that would be the best way i know to do it. Chuck runs his like that and is very happy with it.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    wonder where would be a good place to start out at?

run race what ever you do........that way timing is not a big issue. I run 24* total on pump gas with 9 psi and alot of people consider that an aggresive tune. I just run what i can get away with.start @ 20 total and creep up on it. make sure you got plenty of fuel because that will allow for more timing.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    hopefully fuel won't be an issue. i already have a walbro 255 in tank and then i'm putting FMS 36lb injectors in it.