Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Sad Story. What should I do now?

Thread: Sad Story. What should I do now?

Sad Story. What should I do now?

The trannie in the truck I just bought about 2 months ago from reynold's ford just took a ****. The truck is a 02' 4x4 ranger. It has about 39108 miles on it now. I'm just a little on the angry side right now, so not really thinking to clear, so not sure what is going to happen. Aside from wanting to drive it though thier flower beds.

I do know that I havn't made but 1 or 2 payments on it.

So I'm afraid that the 5k that I haved in my car savings is going to go towards doing somthing else. I do know that it will not go towards repairs. I will not pay to fix a transmission in a truck that I will still be paying on for 4 1/2 years.

Right now I'm leaning towards doing what ever it takes on this truck to be right side up, then using the rest of what I have and getting a brand new vehicle on the a-plan. then saving my pennies for the next stang. Anyways, I'm pretty bummed seeing as how I've been shopping my *** off for about 2 months now. This seems to hold so true to what seems to be my normal amount of luck. Or lack there of.

I'm bummed.

Anyone with some suggestions for me?

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Brandon, no warranty on the truck??

If they will not stand behind a vehicle of their (used or not) I would sit in their damn parking lot with all your spare time and ensure that you did your best to sway customers from shying away.

Start with the salemans and see what he can do, he make his living off commission and word of mouth will make or break a salesperson.

At 39 k the tranny should not be showing any signs of going out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Yep sean, the truck is out of warranty by about 3k miles. It had about 40 miles left on the warranty when I bought it.

I felt like if I was going to pay for the extended warranty ( 3k ) that I would just rather buy somthing new for the same amount.

My good friend is the lead anchor woman for channel 9 here, so I have a little levarge. :)

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

If the salesman won't help ya, speak to the GM (general manager), and let him know of your situation and how you plan to make his Ford dealership a well known CUSTOMER SERVICE oriented dealership via your anchor woman friend! Or if he doesn't seem to be a helping hand... tell him that anchor woman is looking for a story that would be about a consumer getting the shaft by a greasy "FRANCHISED" car dealership...

Or I can take a flight up there with a few cousins and make him an offer he can't refuse :D
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

I'm thinking a nice little message written with gas, in the front lawn.

Actually, I'm going to give them a chance to sell me a gen 2 lightning, and a fox bodied coupe, if they will just make me square on this truck and get rid of the f_king thing.

Who Whants a knuckle sandwich? Hell, I've got about 3 weeks of vacation that I need to use before the end of the year. I've always wanted to be a car salesmen without the actual pressure of working there. Hmmmm.

All that I really want out of the deal is a nice daily driver that I'm not afraid to drive anywhere, or be seen in, and have enough money left over for a nice little coupe.

chevy chase voice: Merry christmas, happy haaaccccknaku, holy shiP, wheres the tylenol.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Gen 2 Lightning! Now you're talking! Those trucks are too cool! We might be lightning brothers soons enough! I know there is a gen 1 guy on the our forum (blown lightning, I believe) w/ a novi 2k! SWEET!

I am still not sure of what year to get... I am leaning towards a 2001 because of the upgrades powertrain, drivetrain, etc... or maybe a 99-00 if it is in excellent condition w/ the intercooler recall work done to it...

I hope everything works out for ya Brandon. If you get a gen 2 you BETTER LET ME KNOW!!! :D

I would love to slap on an X-Pipe and some XR-1 Sportsmans on a gen 2!
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

[ sold... ]

Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

probably only a small dream chris. lol

My good buddy has an 02'. Really neat truck.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Junior SCH Member
    Don't those have a 3 month, 1500 mile limited warranty on them anyway's from the dealer????

?, nope warranty is normal.
    90 strawberry coupe

Well, the gm of the delership called me back. They agreed to split the cost with me. So tomorrow morning the truck will go in and be diagnosed. Depending on the damage, I'll go from there. If it's not to bad I'll probably just have the thing fixed and go on my way. If it's going to be rediculous, I'll look into giving it back and buying somthing else.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Glad to see the gm did the smart thing and is willing to help you out!

Ohh yeah! Brandon!!!! I went to check out an 03 Sonic Blue Lightning last night.... :spooge: <----------------- :yep:
    The 03's rims are reject rip offs of the 99-2000's IMO...
    Now the 01-02 rims are just sweet and of course the 99-00 rims!

That is all.
    Chris...

[ sold... ]

I'm a big fan of the 01-02 rims. I don't like the new ones.

Still waiting to here from the service department. Hope no one down there is interested in haveing a new one ripped, cause my work day is miserable.

Looked at an 04' x cab 4x4............................ $38000 bucks.......................... Can we say 03' cobra

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

jeebus... 38k, does that fine a$$ blonde that modeled in front of Doug's car come with the package. :D

Sheesh! Buy an 03 Cobra or a 03 Lightning DSG (Dark Shadow Gray) :)

Buy an 03 cobra, I'll buy one with ya and we can get a twins to screws us, well our car's that is... KENNE BELL! Ohh yeah! LoL!
    Chris...

[ sold... ]