Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving problems with novi 1k

Senior SCH Member
    Regatta coupe. Did you have problems with serp belt eating up on of the ribs? I need to re-align my alt belt. maybe space it out

i haven't had any problems out of it eating belts but i spent a good while making sure it was straight. is it riding out? if so then you'd need more shims by the adjuster.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by regattacoupe
    i haven't had any problems out of it eating belts but i spent a good while making sure it was straight. is it riding out? if so then you'd need more shims by the adjuster.
    Yep gonna shim the alt out tonight after work. I'm dropping my throttle body off at a machine shop on my way to work to have them fill in the hole for the elbow piece the connects to the oil fill neck

Originally posted by KoolRockSteady
    I'm dropping my throttle body off at a machine shop on my way to work to have them fill in the hole for the elbow piece the connects to the oil fill neck
    Save your money, get you some JB weld, place a piece of duck tape over the hole on the inside, fill the hole from the outside with the JB, and cover the hole on the outside with a plug. You can pick up the plug from any hardware store. Worked for me :D

Or you could simply find a bolt that'll fit, put a little silicone on it and thread it in. A decent grade bolt should be able to cut threads in the alum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

i just put a rubber cap over it?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Butt connectors cause resistance. You should soldier the MAS wires. Resistance on the MAS or O2 wiring will cause bad readings and driveability problems.

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Chris_H
    See I was told the same thing and the car ran like crap for weeks. I couldn't figure out why it was always dying coming up to stop lights/signs, why it ran like crap and sputtered every time I got on it, no matter how I drove it. I took the butt connectors off, and soldered the splices with a friend of mine, and the car ran 100% better. It was amazing how much better the car felt and ran. It may not be your problem, but whats the worse that will happen? You waste 20 minutes soldering.

Chris
    Got a point. I guess I was told now that the best way to connect wires outside a car is to solder and use weathrip connectors. I will try to Solder them this sat and maybe even reclock the blower. I'm on vacation in Colorado right now so when I get back I'll do these things. Thanks

Originally posted by KoolRockSteady
    Yep gonna shim the alt out tonight after work. I'm dropping my throttle body off at a machine shop on my way to work to have them fill in the hole for the elbow piece the connects to the oil fill neck

Just stop at an auto parts store and pick up a rubber vacuum cap.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

Senior SCH Member
    cap and the elbow blew off. there was a hole there on the tb. It's fixed now though