Thread: Seals

Seals

I don't know the inner workings of the blower but I figure there must be a seal around the pulley shaft. Anyway, this has happened after my last two procharger oil changes. I remove the drain plug and drain it as it sits, (don't know if shaking the blower around while it is removed would get any more oil out) and put a full bottle back in. After checking the dip, (good to the top mark) I run it like normal but little dropletts are slung off the blower pulley. It does this till the level of oil drops just a hair, then it's ok. (no more oil dropletts) I noticed that before my last couple of oil changes that when I would unscrew the dip stick, I would hear a hiss from air pressure, lately I have not. This would be with the motor shut off, sometimes quite a while later. I am still getting 10 #'s of boost and everything seems ok, Just wondering if my seals are wearing, or what?

Gill
    Green 2000GT 5 Speed
    P-1SC 10# W/Intercooler
    Shorties, X-Pipe, Magnaflow cat back
    MM Sportbox Suspension, Torque Arm, Adjustable LCA, 3:73 gears, Forged shortblock, aluminum FW, 03 Cobra rims W/275/40 BFG G-Force tires

I don't really know why that would happen. I wouldn't think that even if you did have a little too much oil it would fling oil off of the shaft, but who knows. I would just keep a close eye on it after changes to see if any oil is leaking. Check under the blower, around it (from shooting oil), and the belt. That's about all I can say. Have you tried calling ATI yet? They might be able to tell you if this is right or not. I want to say just don't worry about it as long as you have oil and the seals haven't failed, but it would really be bad if they just decided to blow out while you were driving and you really caused damage. I'd give them a call.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net