Thread: P1SC fox body owners w/in!!!

Junior SCH Member

P1SC fox body owners w/in!!!

I have a bit of a delimma. I just went to install my P1SC on my 91 mustang and the whole install went very smoothly, untill tonight.

Im at the point where all i have to do is put the belts on, finish buttoning up the engine and fire it up. I went to route the belt and im having a slight problem with it barely touching the tensioner. I looked the install up and down to try and see why it would touch, perhaps there was a spacer missing or something but i havent turned up anything as of yet.

basicly the belt is just barely touching the body of the tensioner. I thought at first it may have been because the head unit was canted back too far in relation to the crank, but after checking it with a straight edge, its only about 1/8 or 1/16 of an inch canted to the rear, wich according to the instructions is perfectly normal to compensate for the inherant brace flexing under load.

The only other thing i can think of doing is taking a grinder and clearancing the portion of the tensioner assembley that is touching the belt (very lowest portion of the arm), but before i do this i want to make sure that the brace isnt just mounted wrong or something. Is this a common problem? Im going to call ATI tomorrow and see what they say.. has anyone else had any problems with their belts touching the tensioner body??

thanks alot guys.
    91 el-ex

Senior SCH Member
    You need to lay a straight edge across the crank pulley all to way up to the blower pulley. These pulleys must line up perfectly or you will be tossing belts. When I used to run a P1SC, I had to put some washers between the head and blower mouting brackets to space the blower out some.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Do you have pictures by chance? Do you have the standard brackets that come off of the A/C bracket, or the renegade kit with no A/C or power steering? I can probibly help you out, just need a little more info and pictures would help a lot.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net