Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P1SC PCV question

Junior SCH Member

P1SC PCV question

Another P1SC install question.. in the directions it says to mount the PCV pickup CLOSE to the air intake filter?? do they mean IN it or what?!
    91 el-ex

What the directions mean is run the supplied hose from the PCV valve itself to "near the air filter" instead of having it hooked up to the intake from the factory. They do this to avoid preasurizing the crank case through the PCV and have the PCV vent blow-by back into the intake system (air filter). Let us know if you have any more questions.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

What are the benefits to this? I always just used a check valve between my pvc and the intake.
    90 strawberry coupe

There is no benefit... that is just the simple way of doing it. You can use a check valve too, but the easy way that they tell you to do this is by what they say in the directions... either way will work just fine.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

I wonder why this isn't somthing that is addressed in vortech or paxton kits? Then again, maybe it is and I just overlooked it in the instructions. hmmmmm
    90 strawberry coupe

I'm not sure exactly either, but you really have to do something about it since you will be flat out presurizing the crank case if you leave everything as is.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Hmmm, I'm calling up Kelley at paxton today, to ask.
    90 strawberry coupe

Here's another add-on, I've seen it recommended to use the OE PCV from a Turbo-Coupe, it is designed a bit differently and is made for boosted applications. You can get it from any Ford Dealer.

Part # Motorcraft E5ZZ-6A666
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I actually had one of those PCV's... it didn't impress me to be honest with you, didn't seem like it sealed any more than the factory one. What I ended up doing was getting a PCV for a Supra turbo and the gromet for it too. The PCV in the gromet actually fits in the factory gromet for our cars (the supras PCV is really thin, but the gromet makes it fit perfect). The PCV is a really, really good design for boost... you will see what I mean if you get one, you can 100% trust this PCV unlike the one for the SVO that I had before it (didn't seem too much different than the one for the regular 302). That is my setup and it works great, no problems at all.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Thanks for that info Don, will have to look into it when I get back to that point :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Member
    I know it's just a PCV, but Supra anything sounds expensive! What did it cost you?

Thanks,
    Jermey
    1990 Mustang GT
    N/A 302 - FTI Combo

Haha, no different than any other if I remember correctly... maybe 10 bucks tops for both the PCV and the grommet.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Don you got a part number? I want one. It would be nice to get rid of the double valve mess I had going on behind my intake.
    90 strawberry coupe

SCH Member
    Cool!

Looks like I'll have to pay my local Toyota Dealer a visit!

Thanks,
    Jermey
    1990 Mustang GT
    N/A 302 - FTI Combo

Oh man, it's been a while since I got it... but you don't need a part number. I just went up to autozone or napa (can't remember which... just call) and ask for a 94' Toyota Supra Turbo PCV valve and gromet... they should have it. Mine isn't an actual Toyota part, so it doesn't matter. You'll see it and be like, "how the hell is this supposed to fit?!" It's about the diameter of a pencil if I remember correctly... and the gromet is round and short, but you'll see how it 'plugs in' to the factory gromet in our cars and it's not going anywhere once it's seated together. I think mine has a black metal base and a blue plastic top that goes to the line. I can see if I can take a picture later if you really need, but you shouldn't have a problem.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST