Thread: bypass valve for novi 1000

Junior SCH Member

bypass valve for novi 1000

i need one for my 89.if can get one that makes noise that would be great. any suggestions would be great...thanks
    gotta go,gotta go

The one's that make noise are typically for turbo applications and are vented to the atmosphere, whereas w/ a supercharger you vent the metered air back into the charger inlet pipe. Most of us use a Bosch bypass valve, you can find a couple sources and the part numbers in the post titled "New Member's Here", there's a link there on bypass valves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member

re

great thanks for the feed back
    gotta go,gotta go

No problem, be sure to search around as the price can vary greatly. If you live in a city of any size you may be able to find it locally.
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

Junior SCH Member
    i keep hearing about this saab part that is used as a bypass valve does anybody have a part # or know of a place to get it???
    gotta go,gotta go

Crap, I just tried the links in the thread I recommended & they are dead. I'll drop Ian a line and see if they are retrievable. In the meantime, I'll see if I can dig up the part #'s for ya.

Links are fixed & here's the part#

Bosch part #0 280 142 108

There's a few recommendations for on-line sources in the thread I fixed.

Junior SCH Member

re

i tried several places in town including the saab dealer with that part # and none of the ones i had were good i tried 0280142108....0280142110 and no luck...please help
    gotta go,gotta go

SCH Member
    I am using this Bosch bypass with my Novi 1000 part # 0 280 142 110 and it works great. I purchased my bypass from expressautoparts.com Ph # (212) 590-2448 The bypass is for a 2000 saab; 9-5 turbo V6. Hope this helps you out.

Later,

Dawg
    Dawgsgt White 93 GT
    Engine: 331 ci. built by Ohio Crankshaft Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock 6037 heads, Accufab 70mm TB, 1.6 roller rockers, Comp cams, SCT 2800 90mm Mass air, 60lb injectors, Professional Products Hi-Flow fuel rail kit, MSD Timing Retard, Aluminum 2 core radiator, electric vaccum pump.
    Power Adder: Vortech Sci-trim Supercharger with upgraded discharge tube, UPR Powerpipe.
    Suspension: Ground pounder adjustable cast and camber plates, Lakewood 70/30 struts, 50/50 drag shocks, subframe connecters, Factory 5 upper and lower control arms.
    Exhaust: Mac 1 5/8 long tube headers, Dr. gas X-pipe, 2.5 (2) chamber Flowmaster mufflers.
    Electronics: MSD 6AL, Blue Ford Motorsport 9mm wires, MSD Cap and rotor.
    Drivetrain: Stock T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter with a chrome Hurst handle, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.55 gears.
    Interior: 2 1/16 Dual gauge pod with Boost and Fuel gauges.
    Exterior: Original Oxford white paint job, Chrome 5 Star Pony rims

Ok 007, I searched for 30 minutes, these damn things have gone up considerably. I paid less than $25 from expressautoparts a little over a year ago & now it's ~$50

Try this link, it was the cheapest I could find:

http://www.hoppenmotorsport.com/bypass.htm

SCH Member
    5150 LX I paid the same price for my bypass from expressauto parts. I guess when a lot of people started buying the Bosch bypass they jacked the price way up.

Later,

Dawg
    Dawgsgt White 93 GT
    Engine: 331 ci. built by Ohio Crankshaft Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock 6037 heads, Accufab 70mm TB, 1.6 roller rockers, Comp cams, SCT 2800 90mm Mass air, 60lb injectors, Professional Products Hi-Flow fuel rail kit, MSD Timing Retard, Aluminum 2 core radiator, electric vaccum pump.
    Power Adder: Vortech Sci-trim Supercharger with upgraded discharge tube, UPR Powerpipe.
    Suspension: Ground pounder adjustable cast and camber plates, Lakewood 70/30 struts, 50/50 drag shocks, subframe connecters, Factory 5 upper and lower control arms.
    Exhaust: Mac 1 5/8 long tube headers, Dr. gas X-pipe, 2.5 (2) chamber Flowmaster mufflers.
    Electronics: MSD 6AL, Blue Ford Motorsport 9mm wires, MSD Cap and rotor.
    Drivetrain: Stock T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter with a chrome Hurst handle, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.55 gears.
    Interior: 2 1/16 Dual gauge pod with Boost and Fuel gauges.
    Exterior: Original Oxford white paint job, Chrome 5 Star Pony rims

That's the only thing I can figure, more than likely some guy cashed in on the deal & bought a bunch, then sold them for 2x's what he paid.

Someone posted a while back on another source but I tried like hell to find that link to no avail.