Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Vortech tuner kit.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vortech tuner kit.

Junior SCH Member

Vortech tuner kit.

Hi.Musclemotors is selling vortech tuner kits for $2599.They also sell tuning kits for $600 to make the kit complete.My question is.If i keep the boost at a stock lever,for now at least.What else will i have to buy to make the kit complete.I already have a diablo chip but it's not programmed for it.Or should i just buy a complete kit from somewhere else.They run around $3000-$3200 for the 2000 mustang gt.Or would you guys suggest another supercharger?

The reasoning behind the "tuner" kit is the fact that most of us typically up the boost in a relatively short time-frame and end up spending more money than if we had done it right the 1st go around.

Did you get a specific list of what parts differ from the "tuner" vs. the "non-tuner" kit?

Also, I think that there are "tuner" kits available for the Novi 2000. You may want to check that out as well.

I prefer the tuner kits. That way you get to pic what parts you want to in order to complete the kit. This is stuff like chips, ignitions, and fuel dilivery.
    90 strawberry coupe

Junior SCH Member
    So i guess i better stay with a complete kit since i would stay at stock boost.My engine is stock otherwise so i don't wanna damage it by upping the boost.At least not too much.Yes i've seen novi 2000 tuner kits.But they're $4000.I can buy a complete turbo system for that much.they're expensive because they all seem to come with an aftercooler.At least the ones i've seen.I'm thinking of eather a

-Novi 1000 for $3,249.00
    -Intercooled procharger for $3,249.00
    -Vortech V-2 SQ S-Trim for $3,349.00

Which one would you guys suggest?

I would call each place, and see just what kit's are available. I have a novi2000 kit that isn't advertised at all. I believe it cost me about 2700 or so for my fox car. Give em a call. I'm sure you can get a novi2k kit for less then 4grand. I'm assuming you are looking at a p1sc for the procharger setup. I personally don't like the self contained oiling idea, so I would go with the s-trim in your case.
    90 strawberry coupe

Junior SCH Member
    The novi 2000 is like 200 more then the novi 1000 for the 2000 gt.And those are all prices from the same place.

so it's 3449.00 then?

Sounds like a no brainer to me.

Where are you quoting these prices from?
    90 strawberry coupe

For $200 more I'd spring for the Novi 2000, I wish I had one :D

Junior SCH Member
    Actually i just checked.It's $3599.Prices are from superchargersonline.com.They say the novi 2000 makes 452 hp and 459tq.So you think the novi 2000 is the way to go?

The Novi2k has slightly more potential than the S-trim, but the S-trim is no slouch by far and has proven to be a solid performing reliable piece.

Junior SCH Member
    Here's another thing now.I'm gonna program the fmu for bow thru design,and use a blow off valve instead of a by pass valve.Which of those 2 would make that easier to do?

Originally posted by jaegermeister2k
    I'm gonna program the fmu for bow thru design
    Do you mean your gonna program the computer (via: chip or tuner) for Blow thru MAF??

Just curious as to why you want to do this??
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    What the hell?FMU?Why did i say that?Doesn't make sense.Anyway.Yeah program the computer.

I wanna do this because of the sound of a blow off valve. :D

I would email Spence@rhodescustomauto.com for a price as well. His service is one million times better then mm's. If they were the last vendor left on the earth, I'd stop racing!! He can give you all the support you need and answer ANY question. He sells both Paxton and Vortech. He is also very competetively priced.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Junior SCH Member
    Will do thanks.