Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vortech tuner kit.

I would get with jd's performance for a price.
    90 strawberry coupe

Junior SCH Member
    I've checked thei're prices already.I was wondering though.How come of all the places that sell superchargers not one sells the kenne bell supercharger.I love the idea of instant power.But i can't find it anywhere,except at their website where of course it's expensive.

SCH Member

re tuner kits,

yo;the tuner kits come less injectors,fuel pump,and reprogramed chip, as for the brackets and hardware it should all be there,as I've done lots of these kits.

Junior SCH Member
    Here's the problem i'm having with tuner kits.I heard that you shouldn't run your car without a chip that's programmed for it.So how am i gonna get it programmed without putting the supercharger on first?I already have a diablo chip i could programm.An in tank 255 lph fuel pump should cost me $100 new.And 42# fuel inectors should run me around 300 bucks.But i heard you can run without a chip,i wonder how you do that.

Jaeger, any over the counter chip is going to be a complete POS and waste of money. I did a little test way back when and did some back to back runs under the same conditions with a ADS chip and w/o (I was running non-s/c'd), well low & behold I ran 3 tenths quicker w/o the chip, put the chip back in and walla ran 3 tenths slower.

Your best bet is to tune with a tuner or have a custom burned chip for your car.

Buy the tuner kit, fuel components and get a dyno session or a tuner and it'll run a hell of alot better than it would with any mass produced over the counter chip handling the tune.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Member

re tuner kit,

yo; send out your diablo chip for reprograming and tell them to cal it for a supercharger application tell them what injector size and mass air unit all the info you give them will help them give the best possible tune ,you should get it on the dyno with the tuners there so it can be foul proof,and no you cannot run the blower without the proper cal as the car will run too rich and foul the plugs.

Junior SCH Member
    I was gonna get it dyno tuned of course.I'm just asking.Can they tune my diablo chip that i have right now or do i have to get another one?And how am i gonna get to the dyno session with the supercharger installed?And i can't drive without the chip.

Junior SCH Member

Re: re tuner kit,

Originally posted by hotford
    yo; send out your diablo chip for reprograming and tell them to cal it for a supercharger application tell them what injector size and mass air unit all the info you give them will help them give the best possible tune ...
    How much do you think that's gonna cost me?

SCH Member

re blower

no you cannot drive it with bigger injectors without the tune it will run to rich and foul your plugs,and yes you can get the diablo reprogramed.

SCH Member

right on 5150lx

yes I agree totally with 5150lx as most pepole don't know where to go and mail order chip are BS so try and find a local tuner that can help you out, as for me I use lido at alternative auto in mount clemnis michigan