Thread: 1 3/4 Long Tubes

Junior SCH Member

1 3/4 Long Tubes

I have a 1995 GTS, around 500 H.P. My question is, will the BBK 1 3/4 Long tube headers fit? They do not make 1 3/4 inch headers for 94-95's unless you go with Mac and I think Mac sucks. Is the only difference in the 94-95 headers the bung on the exhaust that goes to the EGR valve? Keep in mind I will be going to the flaming river rack and It will have a tubular K-member. Any help would be appreciated.

Bobby(Blwn331)

Welcome to the site Bobby. How's the weather in Germany? Do ya miss San Diego yet?
    As far as the Mac stuff goes. I have all MAC stuff on the blue car(headers,h-pipe-cat-back). You've ridden in it, so you know it doesn't rattle. On my old white car, I had all MAC stuff(1 3/4 long tubes). I just installed all MAC stuff on the white coupe. I have seen a lot of people the net bash Mac, but I have yet to have a problem with any of there stuff. My advice would be to get the Mac headers. As fas as the BOV you e-mailed me about, I gotta take a pic of it, I'll post it on here next week.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Junior SCH Member
    Doug, Don't forget I have twisted wedge heads and I've heard that with the MAC headers that they will not fit without modification. I'm assuming that they would have to be shaved. The problem is what if they don't fit right after you modify them and then the warranty is VOID! Emilio had MAC headers and they had a whole in one of the welds. Do you have any idea if the 1 3/4 from BBK would fit even though they are for your type of mustang? I realize the chassis is different, but they have to be pretty close.

Bobby

Personally I would just call mac or bbk. I'm sure this isn't the first time this question has cam about.

Brandon

Junior SCH Member
    I talked to a guy at BBK in person and he said that they should work, but he wasn't sure. I was trying to find out first hand from someone who has done it or heard of someone who has.

Bobby

ah, from my experince, the mac's have fit on different combinations from time to time, but I can't tell for sure with your deal. Also, I've found mac's stuff to be far superior to bbk's. Just from what I can tell.

Brandon

Junior SCH Member
    Well for anyone who was dying to find out the answer about the MAC headers fitting on my 95, the answer from MAC was that they do not make a header to fit twisted wedge heads !! They said that they used to make some for the high ports, but no longer make those either. I guess I'm stuck with BBK 1 5/8 long tubes.

Bobby(Blwn331)

Junior SCH Member
    Final word on the headers. I called BBK today and they said that they fit the 1 3/4 headers on a 95 of thiers, but they have a tubular K-member and a Flaming river, which is exactly what I'm getting, so It looks like I'm in luck.

Bobby(Blwn331)