Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Backfire at low rpm - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Backfire at low rpm

ignition? do you have any? MSD? Accel? is ur C&L clocked right? cause i know C&Ls have to get air into the sampling tube to get 'metered' air, thats what my problem was when i had it. i got tired of it and just bought my 80 mm pro-m for 240 bucks :D

Originally posted by 5.02GO
    I am almost positive. It runs too strong not to be. But i'll check anyway.

**when i aint at low rpm anyway**:D

Firing order checked and okay.

Umm....Any chance in the spark being blown out. If so, why not under heavy acceleration? Just wondering. I gapped those plugs at around .032 (32 thousands)

Anyone else got any ideas? Its quite embarrasing when you have a car like this and you can really get in its azz at low rpm. You gotta ease into the throttle just a little then let it rip.
    Paxton Supercharged - Novi 1000, Edelbrock Performer Heads, GT40 Intake, E303 Cam,30lb/hr injectors, C&L 73 Mass Air Meter, 190lt/hr Fuel Pump, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, World Class T5, Pro-5.0 Shifter and BBK Shorties.

do you have a bypass valve?

this might sound crazy but it fixed my bucking problem at low RPMs (if thats kinda what you're getting) did you cut the oil return line hose? or do you have it so it goes below the oil pan then back up to the pan? (looks like a U shape) if so, cut that just way its a streight shot into the pan, my oil was backing up into the SCer and causing my car to buck some, blew the seal also out 2 times....

Yes, i do have an msd system. 6btm with boost retard as a matter of fact. However, i have unhooked it and am using stock ignition.

And i do have a C&L 73. When you say "clocked" do you mean that is straight up? It is pretty much is straight up. But does have a slight angle.

Yes, i do have a bypass valve. A bosche.

thank you.
    Paxton Supercharged - Novi 1000, Edelbrock Performer Heads, GT40 Intake, E303 Cam,30lb/hr injectors, C&L 73 Mass Air Meter, 190lt/hr Fuel Pump, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, World Class T5, Pro-5.0 Shifter and BBK Shorties.

Originally posted by green93notch
    this might sound crazy but it fixed my bucking problem at low RPMs (if thats kinda what you're getting) did you cut the oil return line hose? or do you have it so it goes below the oil pan then back up to the pan? (looks like a U shape) if so, cut that just way its a streight shot into the pan, my oil was backing up into the SCer and causing my car to buck some, blew the seal also out 2 times....

Uhh, i ran my return line from the blower to the side of the oil pan. Just like what the instructions show.

This problem is quite annoying aint it.

try to turn ur mass air meter from 12 to 3 or some where between there, im just trying to give you different ideas to help..my novi kit didnt come with directions and i called paxon to send some, they didnt so i had to print them from online but when your black is fadding out, its hard to see...

try to turn ur mass air meter from 12 to 3 or some where between there, im just trying to give you different ideas to help..my novi kit didnt come with directions and i called paxon to send some, they didnt so i had to print them from online but when your black is fadding out, its hard to see...

That sucks. They tend to have a bad habit of NOT sending stuff they are supposed to. And still dont when they say they will.

do you have a a/f guage?

do you have a a/f guage?
    Rich/lean gauge?

Yes. It mainly stays on the lean side. In fact, it hardly moves. It moves very slow. It NEVER goes higher than the middle of the guage. Even with the FMU hooked up. Something is going on with my motor.

To show you what i am talking about, here is a pic.

im running out of ideas :(

im running out of ideas :(

LOL!! ME TOO!!

I just found some info at Pro-M's site. That somewhat describes my problem. It almost sounds like my regulator sucks. Pressure does change when i unhook the vacuum hose.

Here's a link. And I CERTAINLY APPERICIATE your HELP in the matter.

http://pro-flow.com/tech%20info/t-car.html#fuel

Click on "fuel system".

Thanks again for your help. This problem is tough. However, its probobly a simple fix like everything else. Just figuring it out.

thank you

yea it sounds like your problem, are you going to swap out the FPR??
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses

Here's a link. And I CERTAINLY APPERICIATE your HELP in the matter.
    Thanks again for your help. This problem is tough. However, its probobly a simple fix like everything else. Just figuring it out.
    you're welcome :)

i had the exact same problem with my car

my problem was the C&L-how much space do you have form the mass air to the supercharger

C&L's like about 8 inches of space to work right

also did yours come with the electronics or did you have to use the stock electronics on the new meter-had bad feeling about that

i could never get my C&L to work right so i traded a friend for his granateli-and it solved all of my problems

but that was me