Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using the HKS racing bypass valve?

Anyone using the HKS racing bypass valve?

What size hose fits it? HKS said 42MM WTF hose fits that? Home depot does not even carry any metric hoses? If my math is right it should be about 1 5/8th, right?
    Mike

89 Notchback:
    A4 349 Eagle rotating assembly, AFR205's SMR, Victor 5.0, Tremec TKO, 6Pt cage, Novi 2000, AEM Meth injection, AEM stand alone, PPG Harlequin paint, Green to Purple, HKS Race Bypass, Turbo coupe Rear swap, 73MM front calipers.:teeth:

YES

That is what I am running with my t-trim and that is the size I have. Hope to fire it off this weekend. Good luck. Guy who had the vavle before me was not a mass air car so blew off to open air.
    Mike
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D

Works good, test drove it last night
    Mike

89 Notchback:
    A4 349 Eagle rotating assembly, AFR205's SMR, Victor 5.0, Tremec TKO, 6Pt cage, Novi 2000, AEM Meth injection, AEM stand alone, PPG Harlequin paint, Green to Purple, HKS Race Bypass, Turbo coupe Rear swap, 73MM front calipers.:teeth:

Im running one with my S-trim,, car is MAF but I am blowing into the atmsophere, no real problems,, but I do have a hose for it,, I just cut a radiator hose to fit,, straight shot to the elbow of the inlet of the SC,, but I have not tapped in yet till I get a power pipe,, Bee

Originally posted by bumblebee03
    Im running one with my S-trim,, car is MAF but I am blowing into the atmsophere, no real problems,, but I do have a hose for it,, I just cut a radiator hose to fit,, straight shot to the elbow of the inlet of the SC,, but I have not tapped in yet till I get a power pipe,, Bee
    Is it loud? Does it run rich?
    Mike

89 Notchback:

when you let off the throttle, there is a swooshing sound,, but not too horrible,, dont have any problems with driveability, sometimes at the track when letting off at the end, I have to burp the throttle to prevent the car from stalling,, Bee

Originally posted by bumblebee03
    when you let off the throttle, there is a swooshing sound,, but not too horrible,, dont have any problems with driveability, sometimes at the track when letting off at the end, I have to burp the throttle to prevent the car from stalling,, Bee
    You spraying too Cool $50 shot? Stock block? internals?
    Mike

89 Notchback:

Yeah,, I have a 75hp shot of spray just after my TB in the maifold,, I dont use it too often,,, but its good for about 1/2 second an 5 mph,,, I have not used it since I got up in this thin Colorado air,, so Im sure it may give better results,,, I have stock lower end (stock 88 block, never touched), GT40 irons with O-Rings,, as you can imagine, the engine is getting alittle tired and will need a rebuild or replacement soon, but it still runs 12.20 at 5,800 feet, Bee

Update** The HKS bypass worked great! Here is a pic. Dynoed today 403 HP! Sweet!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike

89 Notchback:

Dumb question

Originally posted by IcantDo55
    Update** The HKS bypass worked great! Here is a pic. Dynoed today 403 HP! Sweet!
    New to blown cars, all mine have been NA but...just got my AFM Vortech Stage I kit in the mail yesterday and plan to install mid Dec. I assumed Vortech kits came w/all the hardware. What is the exact function of the bypass valve? I'm guessing to bypass boost when decelerating from top end?? If my kit didn't come w/one, how will it run w/o it?
    Wayne
    Rio Red 94 GT :teeth:
    AFM Vortech S-Trim Stg I kit
    some bolt ons

See website for complete mod list: http://groups.msn.com/Waynes94GT/waynes94gt.msnw :drool:

Call

Wayne give me a call sometime. Just noticed you are local.
    720-2660
    Mike

Re: Call

Originally posted by MeJay Racing
    Wayne give me a call sometime. Just noticed you are local.
    720-2660
    Mike
    Mike, will do. Good looking car. Flames are similar to Anthony Dixon's Cobra (Blackminitubbedlx).
    some bolt ons

See website for complete mod list: http://groups.msn.com/Waynes94GT/waynes94gt.msnw :drool:

Re: Re: Call

Originally posted by Hounddog
    Mike, will do. Good looking car. Flames are similar to Anthony Dixon's Cobra (Blackminitubbedlx).
    LOL yes and no about the flames. Mine are chameleon and don't go 10's. YET!!
    Mike:D

Re: Re: Re: Call

Originally posted by MeJay Racing
    LOL yes and no about the flames. Mine are chameleon and don't go 10's. YET!!
    Mike:D
    10's heck I just want to get my heavy NA car from 14.4 into the low 12s. I figure the AFM Vortech stage I kit w/38# inj, ProM 80 MAF and powerpipe should do it....
    You probably know Barnaby...He and I are going to install the kit at his brother's place in Dec (the week before Christmas). Hope to have the car ready to go when track reopens in Jan.
    Wayne
    some bolt ons

Cool

I know the name but not sure if I have ever met him. I mainly know the Urist bunch and have been racing with Mike and Brian for about 13 yrs. Brian just recently went 10s (10.97 @123ish) like 2-3 wks ago. Do you know him? Anyway GT-40P heads (unported), Cobra intake, B303, and hypereutectic pistons and a F-1R. Nutty. This winter the good bottom end goes in and he is shooting for 9's. Bastard!! J/K
    Mike