Thread: Car update!

Car update!

So I've put a couple of miles on my setup now. I'm running 38 psi with the vacum off, and 10 degrees of timing. Right now the car has some torco 107 unleaded in it, just to be safe at first. Let me tell ya that the car runs pretty damn good. I only have one real problem, and its with the car shutting off when I lift out of the throttle after a pretty good blast. Still no clue what is causing this, but I suspect the c&l meter. I haven't hooked my boost guage up yet, but the map sensor on the pms reads about 10 pounds of boost, which seems low to me considering the stock motor and powerpipe, but who knows. I've just been to lazy to do the boost guage. I"m actually dreading tearing the a-pillar back off to put it on. PITA! I think my belt might be a little loose possibly. I'll probably put a program in the pms this week, and start running 93 pump gas. I am also planning a dyno session within the next month or so. Just a briefing on the car.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Senior SCH Member
    Seems to me that all the B/S was worth it. Let the fun begin!!!:D

Eric
    89GT 392 Novi 2000 650/620 Tunned by DynotuneMP :D
    03 10th Anniversary Cobra Vert. 443/451 12.6@113

Yes indeed Eric. I've got some minor stuff on the car that isn't blower related that I need to attend to, but after that I hope to get a better feel for the car. I have to get a bigger alternator for sure. My new electric fan really puts a strain on the charging system. And I have something going wrong in my stering coulumn that is causing my horn to honk contiuesly. Or now it's just the relay clicking in there since i just unhooked the ground to my horn. But at anyrate I'm ready for some fun. You might expect a call from me sometime soon, to compare notes.

Brandon

Junior SCH Member
    When I first hooked up my Novi2000 my car was doing the same thing and all I had to do was adjust my idle up a bit and the problem was fixed.