Thread: Aftercooler on 94/95's?

Junior SCH Member

Aftercooler on 94/95's?

I know Vortech doesnt make an aftercooler for the 94/95's. But can you use a fox TB set-up and use the fox aftercooler? I dont really see why this wouldnt work.

Thanks fellas:D
    AFR 165's
    FTI cam
    Ported Cobra Intake

308rwhp/333rwtq

SCH Member

re aftercooler

yo; yes you can use the 93 an older throttle body on 94-95 ,just the tp,idle sensors are different as well as the throttle linkage ,vortech does sell a discharge pipe that fits as alot of pepole do this converstion when puting 351w in 94-95,as for the aftercooler still won't fit as the blower sits closer to the motor than pre 93 cars.just not enough room as it also sits alot farther over .

Re: Aftercooler on 94/95's?

Originally posted by 95 Venom
    I know Vortech doesnt make an aftercooler for the 94/95's. But can you use a fox TB set-up and use the fox aftercooler? I dont really see why this wouldnt work.

Thanks fellas:D
    All depends on how bad you want it. We have done it two ways. The first is on a '95 with a s-trim, Holley intake setup. We converted the blower to a straight discharge and then built our own pipe that toward the front of the car and then do a U-turn. Then it would go to the aftercooler. From the aftercooler it is the same as a fox-body. I will try to get some pics of the setup. It really is alot cleaner than it sounds. The other way was done in a '99 body that has a 5.0 dropped in it. It has the complete fox-body bracket kit and so it is amazing how easy that was. I also remeber back in the day seeing one where the intake was truned around and then the outlet from the blower went back between the firewall and intake then the aftercooler was mounted on the driver side. But it was moons ago and don't remeber the specifics of that one. I do remember it was box type upper on a GT-40 lower. Hope this helps.
    Mike

PS. here is a link to a site with pics of the '99 with one. http://www.imboc.com/phpBB/viewtopic...23156&forum=11
    Last edited by MeJay Racing; 11-07-2003 at 10:54 PM.
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D

Junior SCH Member
    Cool...thanks fellas.

Im in the desert where temps are 120*+ sometimes...so the aftercooler would be nice, i wanna run 10-12 psi...460rwhp hopefully...

Id prefer the vortech over a procharger.
    AFR 165's
    FTI cam
    Ported Cobra Intake

308rwhp/333rwtq

SPRCHRGD
    Ever considered water/methanol injection. It's all I need to run 31 degrees of timing at 10psi. I wouldn't trade it for any other aftercooler (no pressure drop)

Senior SCH Member
    I was going to say the same thing. This x-mas I will be installing a Snow Performance injection kit...much easier and you can set-up it up to turn on at certain boost levels.

Troy
    1995 Mustang Cobra
    302-10.77 @ 127.76
    new motor being built
    redsnk@yahoo.com

owner/moderator
    http://www.stangtuning.com

Junior SCH Member
    i would also consider the water injection kit. You can even build ur own for under $175..
    95GT 5 Spd 75k on body, 6k on motor.

GT40 crate motor...GT40x heads, b cam, 1.72 rockers, Typhoon mani, 24# injectors, shorty headers, 3.90's, Auburn Pro, 31 spline axles, TwEECer and all the bolt ons, Nitto DR's.

Best ET: 1/8 - 8.122 @ 84.38 1/4 - 12.74 @ 107.09 1.705 60ft Some tuning yet to do

Best MPH: 1/8 - 8.370 @ 87.34 1/4 - 12.940 @ 109.99 2.023 60ft - Run made with skinnies

up next: s-trim or turbo

95 Venom...check your PMs.
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D