Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Boost guage and map sensor?

Thread: Boost guage and map sensor?

Boost guage and map sensor?

This is a simple question. Where would you guy's suggest getting the vac/boost reference for my guage and the map sensor for my pms? If I T-eed into someting or each other would there be any ill effects. What about the vac. line for my bov? Same question here as well. Any input would be great.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

You should be fine just connecting it to the vacuum manifold on the firewall. There should be a free port or two there for you to use. Teeing into the vacuum line for your FMU (if you have one) would be fine as well.

Brandon,
    I've got my boost guage and Hobbs switch for the Boost-a-pump coming off the vacuum tree. I didn't have any problems.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Cool, right now I've got the vacum for my bypass coming off the tree, with a tee in that line for the map sensor for the pms. Do you think this could be the reason for only regestering 10 psi of boost? Of course I haven't ventured very far into 3rd gear yet, and I am shiffting at around 5500. I need to hook up my guage I guess.

Brandon

Originally posted by UNTCHBL
    Cool, right now I've got the vacum for my bypass coming off the tree, with a tee in that line for the map sensor for the pms. Do you think this could be the reason for only regestering 10 psi of boost? Of course I haven't ventured very far into 3rd gear yet, and I am shiffting at around 5500. I need to hook up my guage I guess.

Brandon
    I can't remember if you have a Novi 2K. If so, and the pullies are stock, 10lbs is what you should be seeing. Normally from what I've been told, a Novi 2K when still using stock pullies won't put out 10 lbs until you get up to around 6000+ rpm.

Yep, I have a novi2k, but I have a power pipe and a larger dicharge tube than the regular novi setup. I guess my boost numbers are probably right. I just now remembered that my little 73 mm c&l is probably inhibating the power pipe.

Brandon

Power Pipes don't add as much boost as a lot of people think. I have an article in an old Super Ford where they run dyno tests on this supercharged Mustang after each part they add. The test was done by Anderson Motorsport on their chassis dyno. This Vortech blown Mustang was set up to pump 13lbs of boost. When they added the Power Pipe to replace the stock inlet tubing, it only added 1/2 lb off boost and 7 hp. Anderson himself stated in the article that Power pipes are intended for applications seeing around 13-15 lbs of boost. How big is your discharge tube? Is it larger in diameter than the outlet on the Novi? I don't see much point in having one that is larger than that as it will kill the air velocity when the boosted air enters the large tube. This might hurt your boost levels too. It's not uncommon for a stock Mustang to see 10lbs with a Novi 2000, only to drop down to 8lb after it is modified with heads and intake due to the improved breathing of these larger parts..