Thread: Just got SN92 supercharger in the mail Need Advice

Just got SN92 supercharger in the mail Need Advice

Okay here's the deal. I just got my SN92 supercharger P/N 10018 in the mail. I got it used off of ebay for 650 dollars and everything is complete. I inspected the head unit real good and it turns hard meaning it won't turn by hand and the shaft play has little or no movement so i think its okay and probably doesn't need a rebuilt just yet. Boy i'm ready to slap er' on and tear up some rubber but before i do i have a few questions that i hope some of you "SN" owners can answer for me. BTW "5150 LX" referred me here to this site so thanks to him. Okay here are a few questions if you can help out.

1. After receiving my almost complete supercharger kit in the mail minus a FMU i opened the box to find that they packed it with shredded paper. No big deal right. Only thing is they forgot to cover both ends of the supercharger inlets so some of the paper got inside. Well i got most of it out but i think one small piece got inside. I'm just wondering if this little piece of paper could possibly damage the head unit and if that piece of paper got into the engine would it damage my engine or would it just get burned up in the combustion chamber?

2. I think there is a website around here somewhere on how to install a Paxton supercharger. I like to check it out but i forgot where it was. I got instructions with my supercharger but the only part i'm not clear about is mounting the alternator and smog pump to the brackets. If anyone knows where that website is please post it here. Thanks.

3. The discharge tube rubber end connectors are a little worn out and i think i should replace them. Can i get these pieces at the local hardware store or some other place that sell rubber hoses? Probably need to replace the ducting that goes from the MAF to the supercharger inlet. It's sort of stiff and doesn't flex well. Also i'm missing the small metal tubing that's inserted for the smog pump hose modification. Can i make this myself or should i order it from Paradise Wheels?

4. I think you guys probably know or heard of Paradise Wheels. Do they sell all parts for our SN superchargers including all the miscellaneous stuff like nuts and bolts and some other small
    stuff?

5. I think the rebuild kit from Paradise wheels is about 450 dollars. Does anyone know another place that sells these parts cheaper?

Sorry for so many questions at one time but if i don't post them now i know i will forget later. Well if anyone can answer any or all of these questions i have posted please don't be shy. Thanks.

Here's a picture of the complete kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior SCH Member
    hi i have the newer sn now, but it's the same as yours.

1. i wouldn't worry too much about the paper it will just burn up.

2. what would you like to know about the install with the alternator and the smog pump. It's pretty easy to intsall.

3.you might be able to pick up the rubber hosing from ford, just get the rubber hose for a turbo diesel truck, just get the right size diameter.

4. nuts and bolts u can get from a hardware store. paradise wheels will fix your blower or do an exchange like i did.

ian

Originally posted by Qkhorse
    hi i have the newer sn now, but it's the same as yours.

1. i wouldn't worry too much about the paper it will just burn up.

2. what would you like to know about the install with the alternator and the smog pump. It's pretty easy to intsall.

3.you might be able to pick up the rubber hosing from ford, just get the rubber hose for a turbo diesel truck, just get the right size diameter.

4. nuts and bolts u can get from a hardware store. paradise wheels will fix your blower or do an exchange like i did.

ian
    Well that takes some load off of my chest. I was a little worried about the piece of material messin things up but i guess it will be okay.

You got any better diagrams or pictures of the install for the alternator and smog pump?

The rubber hose from Ford. What's the application for the turbo diesel truck? Is it like for the turbo or something?

Another question. The small diameter metal cylinder that fits in the middle of the modified smog pump hose. Where can i get that? Can i get it from Paradise wheels? Does Paradise only sell the parts for the head units? They don't sell any of the miscellaneous stuff like brackets, hoses, belts, etc?

I also need a supercharger belt because the kit didn't come with one. whats the correct part number and where can i get the belt.
    Thanks for the information.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    The instruction list the diameter and length of that pipe and you can go to any hardware store and get it. I myself did not use it you can keep your hose solid and less chance that it will come off from everything moving around. If you have directions it list the stock belt length but I will look in the morning and post it for you. I would hook everything up except the hoses and crank the motor up and let everything fly out of the impeller before hooking it to the discharge pipe to the throttle body. Just remember if everything would burn in the motor why run a air filter. Wrong answer about letting it burn in the engine.

Speedy do you have the part number for the supercharger belt? Would make it easier for me when i go to the local parts store. Anyways give me what you got. Also do you know where i can get the rubber hose couplings for the discharge tube? Mine are a little worn out and i want to make sure i have a good tight fit. Thanks.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I will check my directions for a part # and convert it to something you can pickup locally.

Okay that will work. I did check with Paradise wheels and they want 40 dollars for the belt. Is this how much it will probably cost at the local parts store? If you could, give me the correct length too. Thanks.

Originally posted by speedytang
    I will check my directions for a part # and convert it to something you can pickup locally.
    Speedy

Did you ever get around to finding that part number for the supercharger belt?