Thread: New Dyno numbers

New Dyno numbers

I was a little disappointed. I had made a little more horespower in 1998 with an old ball drive paxton and 30 pound injectors, and a Performer intake. My old numbers I made 415hp/404ft#.

This dyno included the Performer RPM II, Novi 1000 with 9 psi(same as old combo) 36 pound injectors, Tremec 3550, Aluminum flywheel, carbon fiber driveshaft. I think the RPM II is what got me on the torque. Plus it obviously has more mileage. I have a little over 100,000 now on the shortblock. The dyno was rather new and did not have a wide band to measure air,fuel. I have no pinging. The chip is JMS with 11 initial and 20 degrees total with no timing retard or FMU. The chip was mail order.

I think with a real time dyno i can probably get a little more out of it. Someone also suggested that the Tremec sucks up a little more power than the T-5! Anyone confirm this.

The first pull was my best. There was no cooldown between runs which explains the loss of power in the next 2 runs. This guy runs a special on Saturdays for $50.00 bucks and time is money, I guess!!!

New Dyno 408hp/373ft#
    Click me for Dyno Graph
    Craig

Click Here for my POS
    91 GT Vert
    Edelbrock Heads/Intake/Paxton 9psi
    Stock cam w/1.72RR's
    36# Injectors, Pro-M 75mm bullet
    Kenne Bell BAP, No FMU, Higgins Chip
    Mac 1 5/8 shorties, 2 1/2 off road H
    Tremec 3550, Eaton 31 spline, Mosers
    SSBC rear disk conversion
    Dyno 429HP / 408 ft-lbs R.I.P 331 in thw works

Are you sure you aren't leaning out? My buddy is running a similar combo and his 42# injectors are at about 90% duty cyle. He's running a D1 Procharger @ 8 lbs thru an AOD. I'd say get a wide band tuner and go from there.

Well I don't know for sure, but with the old combo and 30 pounders it wasn't leaning out at the same power level. Even with the 30's I didn't run an FMU. Just a 190lph and A Boost- A -Pump. What power is your friend making?
    Craig

Click Here for my POS
    91 GT Vert
    Stock cam w/1.72RR's

Did you ever try it without the chip or changing fuel pressure on the dyno. Withought a wideband you'd have to really experiment to figure out where you're at. With those numbers it sounds like it is rich. If it was a little lean torque would be throught the roof.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Brent,

I didn't get to experiment at all. In fact, if you go look at the dyno shhet, at the top it shows what time's the run were made. All 3 were made within 4 minutes of each other. Talk about no cooldown, no adjustments, no nothing. They were just interested in getting as many vehicles in as they could.

I was hoping someone would say it is rich, I think the same thing. I already scheduled an appointment with Tommy Higgins here in Atlanta for a tune next week. I will report the results back at that time..
    Craig

Click Here for my POS
    91 GT Vert
    Stock cam w/1.72RR's