Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
pulley change novi 1k

Thread: pulley change novi 1k

Junior SCH Member

pulley change novi 1k

do you get more out of a crank pulley change or the head unit change? also what are the gains with each change..thanks
    gotta go,gotta go

Either really. Many people opt to keep their warranty on the supercharger and will up the size of the crank pulley, versus voiding the warranty and installing a smaller blower pulley.

You can do either as it is up to you.

Changes in boost are based of course on the different sizes of each pulley and what not.
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Change the crank pulley and save your warranty dude! With the vortech crank i see 10lbs. of boost @ 5900.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member

re

when i order the pulley what will i ask for? also where do i get it and what else has to be changed...thanks
    gotta go,gotta go

you have the new 2 belt setup i take it? You can order the vortech renegade pulley from summit. Do a search on here and you should find the part #. You'll need a different blower belt and some grade 5 or 8 allen bolts and thats about it.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Junior SCH Member

re

what size belt do it get? and do i need to specify what size pulley as well?1 more thing what are different sizes in the blower pullies?
    Last edited by 007lbs; 11-09-2003 at 12:09 PM.
    gotta go,gotta go

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar

Re: re

Originally posted by 007lbs
    what size belt do it get? and do i need to specify what size pulley as well?1 more thing what are different sizes in the blower pullies?

Mines 8".......:D
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

the renegade crank is 8". There are alot off different blower pulley options. I believe the blower belt needs to just over 59". it's really close due to the water pump due to the size of the 8" crank pulley so you run a longer belt to keep it away from the pump. You get alot more boost lower in the rpm range when you do the 8" swap. Summit is the cheapest place to pick it up. the crank pulley is about 160 and the blower pulley is about 70. when you figure out how much paxton charges for service the crank pulley seems really attractive.

Brent is this the one you mean?

VOR-4FA018-029 Pulleys, Crank Pulley, 4.75"/8.0" Diameter, 8 Rib, EFI/Renegade 11-17 $208.39

Maybe you got it on sale?
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

wow you're right! Same part #. i just checked my reciepts and the price has gone up 50 dollars. Bummer! Sorry for the false info then. For that price i'd get the ASP unit that dosen't have the underdriven accesory pulley. You can PM mygt8a4re, and sinner, if you like but when you get used to the stock pulley's the 8" crank pulley rocks!