Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
trickflow stage 1 cam

Thread: trickflow stage 1 cam

Senior SCH Member

trickflow stage 1 cam

how much vaccum is everyone pulling that is runnning this cam? i'm seeing about 10" at idle, this sound about right? thanks for any info

I had the stage 2 (slightly larger) and I was pulling 10...

Ian

yup..thats about right..idle's at 1000?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    i've got the idle at 900. do you think i should have more than 10 then? if you had 10 with the stage 2 i would think that i would have a little more.

i would think that too but that's all i've ever had as well.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

I see about 10 with my stage 2 as well. Try turning your idle up to 1000 and see if it comes up any.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Senior SCH Member
    i'll try and turn the idle up some and see what happens. i can live with 10. i'm not having brake problems or anything, not that i know of yet anyways. i still haven't had a chance to get it out on the road. i have tomorrow and thursady off so i'll get to finsih it all up then.

Senior SCH Member
    i see like 10-12" @1000 with my stage1
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

Senior SCH Member
    well i'm still only getting 10" vaccum with the idle turned down. it also doesn't lke idling below 900. seems like it just wants to die so i set it back to 900.

Senior SCH Member
    about how long will it take for the rings to seat in good. i have been getting blowby ever since i first started it. you can feel air coming out the oil filer tube farely good and also out of the pcv line. is this normal for awhile? i hope it is.

Depends on the finish hone - the rings usually seat within 1 hr of running..

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    i've definately got more time on it then that. probably about 3 hours total. you think i might have something else wrong. i know i got the rings in right and the ring end gaps were at .018" so i don't think i have a problem there. whats the best way to determine if its the heads or rings doing it?

Senior SCH Member
    well they finally seated in after 380 miles. from what i have read, chrome-moly rings take longer to seat in. i still wouldn't have thought that it would have been 380 miles though. ohh well she's running pretty good now, guess thats all that matters. now time to start fine tunning her. i have the timing at about 7 degrees right now and she's running alittle bit rich. going to take the timing to 10 and lean her out alittle bit, see how she likes that.