Thread: What size lines for the FMU?

What size lines for the FMU?

I got a Paxton FMU but i don't have the lines. What is the correct size lines so i can get them at the local parts store?

I got the line information. 3/8" for the fuel line hoses. What's the size for the vacuum line?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    You are taking a big big risk using homemade lines for the FMU unless you get braided. The lines that come with the FMU have ends that are rated at 225psi and no clamp you can buy will even handle 100psi which a FMU metered for 19lb injectors could see at WOT. Plus without the correct lines what are you going to do splice into your factory line. Please save your life not money and get either Russel lines that have fittings for 125psi at the least or order the correct lines from Paxton or Vortech. At 40psi at idle and a hot exhaust you pop a line your car will be scrap in minutes and you could be DEAD.

Okay I understand. I'll be sure to get lines that are made for the FMU. Just wanted to be clear on whether i could do it or not. Yeah i knew that there was going to be high pressure running through the lines so i know now it's not possible to just clamp them on. BTW where do you get Russel lines? Are they more expensive than the lines you get from the supercharger manufacturer?

The lines for the FMU's do they come with a -04AN fitting on the end as stock?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Russel lines will cost at least twice the money and you would still need the adapter ends. The factory style lines from Vortech or Paxton are snap and go.

Originally posted by speedytang
    Russel lines will cost at least twice the money and you would still need the adapter ends. The factory style lines from Vortech or Paxton are snap and go.
    Speedy- What's the vacuum line size that connects to the fmu?