Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SN-89 getting installed this weekend

Junior SCH Member
    still doing finishing touches, making sure everythings ok.....is there a cheap way to see how much boost i have , or do i have to buy the gauges?

Junior SCH Member
    Theres one thing that was weird about the supercharger, the main pully , is 8 rib while the rest are 6...any ideas why that might be? the belt seems to be holding fine a straight, but you think its something that could screw some stuff and and need to be changed quick?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Just sounds like someone went with a wider belt and could not find the original 6-rib to sell with the supercharger. Better for you in the long run. Update the other two pulleys some day and you can step up without the belt slipping.

Junior SCH Member
    Theres a guy that told me a need a "supercharger bypass" any idea what that is and what it does? and also a powerpipe?i know there expensive but what do they do?is it something that the sheetmetal shop across the street from my house could fabricate for me cause if they could i know for sure it would be cheaper.

Power Pipe is a larger steel tube instead of the flex pipe that goes to the supercharger inlet. You can sometimes see a increase of 1-2psi of boost with it because the supercharger has a bigger opening to pull air into the unit.Bypass kit is around $99 and it allows the supercharger not to be slammed with pressurized air when you let off the gas at 6psi of boost .

Junior SCH Member
    can you hear the bypass? like does it make a difference in sound?

No sound it just keeps from the impeller being destroyed

Junior SCH Member
    Ok cool....il be gettin it then....still working out the kinks,but the sc is great....... having some coolant leak problems and also looks like its leakin a lil bt of oil..the mechanic said its prob because of the pressure that the boost from the sc is puttin on the motor.

Senior SCH Member
    done yet?