Thread: 99-02 GT 4.6 supercharger problem

Junior SCH Member

99-02 GT 4.6 supercharger problem

we were just wondering if anyone had any problems with supercharing the 4.6 GT motors. We heard they could not handle superchargers on the stock 4.6L.
    thanks

I wouldn't worry about the rumors you have heard. I have not seen any 4.6 motors come apart using stock boost unless another part fails (ie..fuel problem). All of the major manufactures have kits designed for stock engines. If they were unsafe, they would not be selling like hot cakes.

Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRRIDE
    we were just wondering if anyone had any problems with supercharing the 4.6 GT motors. We heard they could not handle superchargers on the stock 4.6L.
    thanks
    Mine went boom with 8lbs and only about 3000 miles of blower time. Putting in my Forged SHM longblock this weekend. I had damn good fuel delivery for my HP numbers.
    2003 BLK GT (5 spd)

Got 8 Ribs?
    Scary Mods

Junior SCH Member

why did it go boom?

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryGT
    Mine went boom with 8lbs and only about 3000 miles of blower time. Putting in my Forged SHM longblock this weekend. I had damn good fuel delivery for my HP numbers.

i am about three weeks away from having this supercharger put on my car.i have most of the normal bolt ons,headers,mass air,etc......what iwanted to know is why yours did not last long?was it fuel?our was it in the tune?am not ready to replace my bottom end yet.thanks