Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
milling down stock pulley - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: milling down stock pulley

hey todd, were all friends here right? lol, your name was on your homepage like ian mentioned!....glad you got the pulley all done, cant wait to hear how it works out........

love having friends like that. i always trade favors for different stuff when it comes to the cars.....team effort!

-justin

Senior SCH Member
    heres a couple pics of it all done. i'll let you guys know later on about how much boost i see now. getting ready to put it on and then head to work.

Looks good!! Wish I knew a machinist here locally or hell anywhere else for that matter, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member
    just got it put on. had me worried though, thought i was going to have to go get another belt for it. before my tensioner pulley was clear up at the top of the threads. now it is all the way at the bottom. can't wait to see what it does now. hopefully i can start getting some boost around 2500-2700 rpms now. i mentioned something to him about being able to turn more of these and make alittle bit of money but they have been getting on the guys in the machine shop area about doing jobs like these. there is a local machine shop by my house that i'm going to ask if he would interested in turning down some pulleys to make some extra money. i'll let you guys know what he says about that. maybe charge like $40 or something to do it. would be better than paying $90 through ASP or Paxton, huh. the guy where i work at said something to me about making me one out of a chunk of aluminum. that way i could have one that is 2.5":D . hopefully get him to do that here soon. he took all the dimensions off of mine to do it. well goto go get ready for work.

let us know, im curious to hear the results!

-justin

Enjoy the drive to work :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member
    well i saw 9psi out of it and that is with the belt slipping. i also had a clamp that wasn't tightened on the bypass. the clamp came clear undone so some off the boost my have been going out here. i at least gained 2psi. i'm not for sure how much exact because it was slipping some before also. definately felt stronger though. getting me hooked on this easy boost. i see a 2.5" billet aluminum pulley in the real near future :D

hmm get that belt tight and let it rip! i wanna hear about his!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    i'll see what it's like in the morning when i get off of work. i found the clamp loose once i was at work. i have a feeling that mihgt be what the problem actually was and the belt isn't slipping, at least i hope so. the belt is about as tight as i want it to be. if it is still slipping i'll have to get another belt to try. what belts are you guys using? i just bought an ole cheepo from autozone.

Senior SCH Member
    well i'm only getting 5-6 out of it now for some reason, evidently wasn't the clamp on the bypass and i don't think its the belt doing it. usually if its the belt you can hear it squeek. have a feeling its the bypass valve itself. forgot to mention that i start getting boost at 2500 rpms now so thats a plus. now if i can just figure out where i'm losing pressure at.

I know i've heard goliath and some of the other single belt guys talk about the belt length being critical on the older design. you may want to try somthing a little smaller since you went down a 1/2".
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Todd just because you can't hear it squeal don't mean she aint slipping.

Get a fresh belt that is the proper length and see what happens.

Supercharger belts become a consumable and they do wear out 10X faster than a regular drive belt for the accessories. The belt on my car has about 7k miles on it now if I can remember right and she is about done. It just won't hold anymore.

I have seen belt slip first hand on a dyno with my car and you could not hear it.

Anyhooters enough of that.

PS I don't see anyway in hell you could run a 2.5 incher. I think that belt would catch fire she would slip so bad.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Senior SCH Member
    what brand of belts are you guys using? tomorrow and thursday are my days off so i'm going to work on it then. i'll probably go into town and get a new belt to see what happens. also thinking about trying to move the idler pulley by the novi to a different spot to get more belt on the pulley.

I have only used Dayco and Gates. Wouldn't say I was happy with the Dayco although it has been on the car the longest and performed fine. I have heard good things about goodyear but they are semi hard to find around here. If I had to pic one I would say Gates.

Also when I go to the track a lot I am always using belt grip in a tube. The stuff that looks like mollassis(sp?)
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Senior SCH Member
    i also have been having a problem with it wanting to surge when i'm accelerating. it only does it when i accelerate at about half throttle and rev it up some. the car kinda jumps alittle. it never did this before the rebuild though. wonder if it could be the 36lb injectors flooding it out on bottom end?