Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
milling down stock pulley - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: milling down stock pulley

Yeah do what justin said. Block the bypass ports and also I use Permatex belt grip in a tube when I am at the track.

Keep in mind though todd that with a NON cog drive blower there will always be some slip when you nail the throttle or let off of it from WOT. After a summer driving the front of my motor is covered in rubber dust but I still make a lot of boost.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Senior SCH Member
    i realize that there will be some slipping but enough to rob me of 4 psi? i'm only spinning it about 4000rps more than i was before and i never had a hint of slippage at all then. i'm going to go work on it for a few now and try blocking off the bypass to see if thats the probelm. thanks for the tip justin. sometimes you just start getting frustrated and don't think to do simple obvious things like that. if it turns out to be slipping i'll probably just go ahead and order one though superchargersonline. i don't understand if it is slipping why its doing it. the grooves are cut exactly the same as before.

Senior SCH Member
    jumped to conclusions too soon i guess. before i did anything i checked the belt and it was loose. i tightened it up and took it for a ride. nothing like 10psi and wanting to break the tires loose running 80mph. right when i was about to shift into 4th at about 5800 it started breaking the back tires looose :D . when i first put the belt on i must not have had it tight enough, plus i think it just stretched some from being new. well i guess i gained another psi, thats always a plus. now time to figure out what the noise is in the passenger rear. i have a feeling it is the torque box cracked. it makes a cracking noise when i accelerate and decelerate. i'll fill guys in on it in a few.

Senior SCH Member
    looks like it is time for some new bushings in the rear. they are shot. that will be a good winter time project. probably go ahead and put in some reinforcements while i'm at it. well thanks for all your guys advice on everything.

what was your pulley diameter agin before you fabbed it? 3.25"? im trying to figure the full amount difference in diameter to see what got you 3 psi. just for future reference when i decide to machine mine down. my revised 1k pulley is 3.5", i just cant remember off hand the original 1k size was..........i bet our loving that 10psi, makes the free mod all worth the effort! im hitting 9psi lately since the new found cold mornings & evenings here in florida. the nonhumid weather makes the car a different beast!:D

-justin

Senior SCH Member
    it was 3" before and i took it to 2.75" 10 is probably all that i want out of it. right now i'm spinning it at about 50203rpms, which is still below the safe limit on it and good enough for me.

slider, can I send you my pulley and a case of beer :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Gotta love 3 psi gain from 1/4" of pulley difference! Can't beat it....yeah 50k is a good impellar speed to stick with for longevity! Enjoy man!
    -justin

Senior SCH Member
    let me talk with the guy at work and see what he says about it. maybe he will cut a few for a small price. i'm not for sure when i will see him again though.

HMMM.... this is a pretty slick trick slider. I'm gonna award you with the bud lite "real men of genious" award! MR pulley cutter downer guy!

SWEET!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    haha, thanks. next time i see ralph at work i'll ask him about cutting some more down. how many of you guys would be interested in getting them turned down by him? the only problem is that after you bead shoot them the black oxide finish is pretty much gone off of the whole thing. i just used some flat black spray paint on mine. let me know how many of you guys want to try this and i'll run it by him. i figure something around $20-$30 to turn one down for his time and that would include me shipping it back. this sound like a reasonable price?

I'm in Slider, beats the heck outta our other alternatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Yup. I'd do it.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Senior SCH Member
    do you guys have the old style with the 3" pulley? i'm not sure about the new style with the 3.5" pulley. there might not be enough material to turn them down. there is just barely enough to get the 3" to 2.75".

Well i'd only want to go 3.25 or maybe like a 3.125.

If i do it it'll be mid summer though if your still willing to do it.

Thanks

Hey you're from chillicothe? I live about an north of columbus.