Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
milling down stock pulley - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: milling down stock pulley

Senior SCH Member
    i'm actually about 25 minutes east of Chillicothe in Ray but i put down Chillicothe because nobody knows where Ray is at. Sometime when ever i go to Columbus we'll have to meet up.

Todd as you now know a new belt when under the stresses of driving a supercharger will need to be tightened several times over the course 500 to a thousand miles. Even at that I still have to adjust it at every oil change or even less at times.

Glad to see you seemed to have her figured out.:)
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

I have the old style, so I'd need mine turned to 2.75", lemme know when/if you can get it done & I'll ship ya my pulley :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member
    i'm glad i have it figured out also. i took it into town earlier and i swear this thing gets faster every time i drive it now. i'm up to about 850 miles now since rebuild and i couldn't be more happier with it. can't imagine what it would be like if i would have had the money to put afr heads on it instead of the 351w heads. can't wait for dyno time to see what i'm making. i go into work tomorrow night so if i see ralph i'lll ask him about turning some down.

Todd, did you ever get in touch with the machinist again??
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

Senior SCH Member
    yeah, i was waiting to talk to the local machine shop up the road from me before i posted back. the guy at work doesn't want to do anymore. right now they are really watching everything that anyone does. the plant has been laying off quite a few people lately. we're down to about half the plant now. it's rca in circleville,ohio. i'll try and talk to the machine up the raod from me today sometime and see what they say.

Cool deal, lemme know what you find out I'd appreciate it greatly.

Senior SCH Member
    well the guy at work might end up and do them. he's going to let me know for sure within the next couple days. i'll keep you guys informed.

Senior SCH Member
    he said that he would go ahead and cut them down for you guys. how many of you want to do this? the only bad thing is that he would have to have them by wednesday to get them done before the xmax shutdown. so it probably won't be until the new year before he will be able to get them done. does $35 sound ok with you guys for getting it done?

Todd, Drop me an e-mail as to where to send my pulley.

searly@camalott.com

$35 sounds great todd! I wanna wait till summer to see how slow my car is gonna be on the pullies i got first.;)

VERY COOL!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    the only thing about this is that he is wanting to try and get them all at around the same time so that while he has the lathe setup he an get them all done. after the first of the year when he starts back i'll get back with you guys and try to work something out as to when everyone can send them to me. just looks like you 2 guys so far though.

Todd, just let us know. We should be able to drum up a couple more by the time it is said and done...if that's a good thing :D

Senior SCH Member
    the more the better. once he has the lathe setup it won't take him too long at all turning them down.

Well sorry to get in on this late guys. With being busy at work and the 2 month old son terrorizing the house I've been pretty busy. Since I already have the 2.75" pulley on my car, I have my tock 3" pulley from the older Novi sitting here on my computer desk as a paper-weight. Since its is the holidays and all, if somebody wants this so they don't have to take their pulley off and have the car down while its being milled, send me an email at chagen@fastwave.biz and I will ship it to you. I'd prefer it to be somebody who could really use the extra pulley, but I guess we'll do first come first server. I have a Fed-Ex account so I'll ship it out myself. No charge. Happy holidays to everyone if I don't remember to tell you when they get here!

Chris
    Elevation kills boost!
    LX = 13.47 @ 102.49, 1.80 60', at 6900' DA
    Cobra = 12.82 @ 109.25, 1.98 60' at 5400' DA